1-877-995-5247. Text 55247
NSA Bethesda Victim Advocate (24/7 line): 301-442-8225
NSA Bethesda SARC Duty Phone: 301-442-2053
If you are a victim of sexual assault contact the SAPR Victim Advocate to discuss your options.
This option is for victims of sexual assault who wish to confidentially disclose the crime to specifically identified individuals without triggering the official investigative process. Under Restricted Reporting victims may still receive medical care, counseling, and other SAPR support. Victims of sexual assault who desire Restricted Reporting under this policy must use one of the following reporting avenues:
- Health Care Provider (HCP)
- NOTE: Chaplains have privilege and do not have to disclose confidential communications; they are trained to discuss options and victims may then choose to report.
Who May Make a Restricted Report?
- Military personnel of the Armed Forces and the Coast Guard. Military personnel include members on active duty and members of the Reserve component (Reserve and National Guard) provided they are performing federal duty (active-duty training or inactive-duty training and members of the National Guard in Federal (Title 10) status.
- Military dependents 18 years of age and older who are eligible for treatment in the military healthcare system.
- For sexual assault involving victims under 18 see the Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
This option is recommended for victims of sexual assault who desire medical treatment, counseling and an official investigation of the crime. Access to forensic examination, advocacy, intervention, information and support will be provided. Victims may request a MPO, to be separated from offender and/or an expedited transfer. When selecting Unrestricted Reporting, you should use current reporting channels:
- Sexual Assault Response Coordinator (SARC)
- Victim Advocate (VA)
- Health care personnel
- Chain of command
- Law enforcement
- Legal personnel
Mission: To provide legal services to eligible victims of sexual assault.
If you are a victim of sexual assault and have legal questions that are connected to the sexual assault, please contact your local Victims’ Legal Counsel (VLC) or Special Victim's Counsel (SVC) for a confidential meeting to discuss your concerns and receive advice and assistance from a VLC/SVC.
NSA Bethesda Chaplain: 301-319-4433
NSA Bethesda After Hours Duty Chaplain: 301-547-1111
NSA Bethesda VLC: 202-433-0478
Marines VLC: 703-784-4514
Air Force SVC: 240-612-4655
Army SVC: 703-696-0774