All student applicants who were accepted and enrolled into the CAHS are informed of their scheduled start date according to their academic goals and assigned degree paths. There are specific requirements that must be met in order for students to be considered fully enrolled and enabled to matriculate without condition. Failure to have all required admission documents completed and submitted to the CAHS Registrar’s Office within the required timeline will result in a conditional enrollment.
The CAHS Registrar’s Office must receive all official transcripts within four weeks of student registration. It is highly encouraged that the enrolled student make this a top priority. Failure to provide transcripts to the Registrar’s Office will result in the following sequence of events:
- No transcripts within four weeks of registration: Warning of Suspension (WoS) Letter issued by CAHS Assistant Dean of Enrollment Services.
- No transcripts within six weeks of registration and WoS: Official Letter of Suspension (LoS) issued by the Associate Dean of prospective college (Undergraduate or Graduate).
- No transcripts by the time studies are complete, WoS, and LoS: Letter of expulsion issued by the CAHS Dean.
All of the above-mentioned letters of noncompliance are inclusive to the official academic record and filed as permanent documents.
FAMILY EDUCATION RIGHTS and PRIVACY ACT of 1974 (FERPA)
The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records. The USU CAHS Registrar cannot release, permit inspection, or permit review of your educational records to spouses, parents, friends, family members or any other designated responsible party without your prior written consent. Please fill out and sign the CAHS FERPA Release Authorization Form and send to the CAHS Registrar’s Office.
CAHS STUDENT SINGLE SIGN ON ACCOUNTS
All students will have student accounts established to enable them access to the internet based Student Information System, EMPOWER. These are referred to as Student SSO accounts. The following documents are required to be submitted to CAHSemail@example.com for account origination:
- Completed DD Form 2875, System Authorization Access Request (SAAR)
- Current DoD Cyber Awareness Certificate of Training (< 12 months from completion). If Certificate of Training is greater than 12 months, please visit the following site and complete the required training. Please activate the following site at: DoD Cyber Awareness Training
- CAHS FERPA Release Authorization Form (downloadable from above link of this page)
CHANGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Please help the CAHS Registrar keep your records accurate and current. For all CAHS students (both past and present) who have had personal information change, please submit a Personal Information Update Form to the CAHS Registrar’s Office . Please allow 5-7 days for updates to reflect in academic records.
All diploma reorders are handled through the USUHS’s main campus Registrar Office in Bethesda, Maryland. If you have a need to reorder your diploma(s) from the USU CAHS, please fill out the Diploma Request Form and send to the following address:
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Attn: Registrar Room, #A1041
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD. 20814
IMPORTANT- Please ensure that check or money orders are payable to Oak Hall Cap & Gown. Before sealing the envelope, please make sure that
o The request form is signed and dated
o Check or money order is made out to Oak Hall Cap & Gown
o Check or money order is signed
o Diploma Reorder Form is in the envelope
Normal processing time is approximately 3 months. Delivery times may vary.