Center for Global Health Engagement (CGHE) Capabilities Statement
Mission: To lead, integrate and synchronize USU's Global Health Engagement (GHE) contributions to the Joint Force, Combatant Commands (CCMDs), Services, the Military Health System, and ultimately to national security objectives.
Vision: By the end of CY 2020, the CGHE will be internationally recognized as the preeminent U.S. Government (USG) institution for the development of effective GHE throughout the Department of Defense (DoD) and the Uniformed Services.
Core Competencies in Global Health
- Doctrine and Partnering
- Training and Professional Development
- Programs and Joint Force Support
- Assessment, Monitoring and Evaluation
Past Performance/Services Offered
- International Capacity Building Programs
- Defense Threat Reduction Agency Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (DTRA-CBEP)
- U.S. Pacific Command Pacific Asia India Resilience - Disaster Preparedness Initiative (PAIR-DPI)
- Course Offerings
- Fundamentals of GHE (FOGHE)
- Health Context, Culture and Communication (HCCC)
- Global Health Strategy and Security (GHSS)
- Military Medical Humanitarian Assistance Course (MMHAC)
- USU School of Medicine and Graduate Program Courses
- Measures Of effectiveness in Defense Engagement and Learning (MODEL)
- Improving Processes and Coordination in Theater (IMPACT)
- DoD Focus: CGHE endeavors to achieve economies of scale and better support the DoD, the Joint Force, the CCMDs, Service Components and the Military Departments across the range of military health-related operations.
- Experience: Since 1998, CGHE, through its predecessor the Center for Disaster and Humanitarian Assistance Medicine (CDHAM), has engaged with over 3,000 government civilian and military officials in more than 50 countries.
- Expertise: CGHE is uniquely postured to access subject matter experts in all relevant areas for DoD GHE, disaster preparedness and security cooperation.
- Demonstrated Capability: Years of experience working in a variety of cultural contexts and in some of the world’s most challenging environments enables CGHE staff to operate successfully in a variety of contexts.
- Quality Assurance: CGHE applies the highest professional standards to its work, with expert program design and thorough execution, development and delivery of a wide range of impactful courses and implementation of sound research, assessment, monitoring and evaluation practices.
- Continuity: CGHE aims to weave a thread through all USU and DoD GHE endeavors while also ensuring alignment with larger USG efforts.