Enhance participant competency to develop and execute successful global health engagement (GHE) programs and activities.
A three-day in-residence course to improve understanding of the full array of issues surrounding and shaping GHE. The Fundamentals of Global Health Engagement (FOGHE) course is taught by a diverse cadre of subject matter experts with experience in many aspects of health. Course participants will gain a greater understanding of 1) the strategic, operational and civil-military considerations in DoD GHE; 2) the framework for establishing the context of a health engagement; and 3) the components of planning, executing and monitoring the activity.
- Military Health System and Public Health Service personnel expected to participate in GHE activities;
- USG agency personnel seeking to gain a better understanding of DoD GHE;
- International military and civilian partners, representatives of academic institutions and health personnel from non-governmental organizations with interest in GHE.
We use an interactive seminar-style format to present the content and skills critical to developing and conducting effective GHE programs and activities. This includes assigning pre-course readings that highlight documents that guide the conduct of GHE. The course then builds an awareness of a complex set of variables that shape the development of GHE programs and the key principles to planning and conducting a GHE activity. Students also participate in a series of small group activities designed to reinforce and enhance the academic instruction.
- GHE Strategic Guidance and Rationale
- Principles and Practices of GHE
- GHE Stakeholders and Coordination
- Strategic Planning for GHE
- Health Context, Culture and Communication
- Functional Planning for GHE
- Monitoring and Evaluation of GHE Programs
- Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Response
- One Health and Veterinary Stability Operations
- Strategic and Health Risk Communication
- Ethical Considerations in GHE
Enrollment is at the discretion of the Course Director and/or the Host Unit. There are no registration/course fees. Participants are responsible for all travel/attendance related costs.
For more information, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org