CHIRP is located at 4301 Jones Bridge Road, Bethesda, MD, 20814, on the campus of the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC). CHIRP is served by the Medical Center Metro stop (Red Line).
The American Genome Center features a Laboratory Core that is home to spaces for clinical sample processing, DNA library generation and genome sequencing. The spaces are designed to be modular in production activity, yet interconnected by an enterprise laboratory information management system with connects technicians, associates and scientists for large-scale projects. The Laboratory Core is divided into a Production Core, for throughput in human whole genome sequencing projects, and a Scientific Core, for innovation to evaluate and implement novel sequencing technologies. The Laboratory Core staff assemble at a Personnel Suite, a collaborative meeting space adjacent to the Bioinformatics Core.
The Laboratory Core features:
• A primary sequencing lab space housing 11 Illumina HiSeq platforms with patterned-flowcell technology
• A Pre-PCR laboratory for sample and clinical blood tube processing and entry into sequencing library preparation using automated robotics.
• Post-PCR laboratory spaces for sequencing library preparation, quantitation and quality control.
• Scientific Core laboratories for innovation and development of novel sequencing methodologies which include long-read and single cell sequencing methodologies
The Core equipment includes:
• 2 NOVASEQ’s (Novaseq’s)
• 10 Illumina HiSeq X Ten Sequencers
• 1 Illumina HiSeq 3000 Sequencer
• 1 Illumina NextSeq 500 Benchtop Sequencer
• Qiagen QIASymphony Atutomated Nucleic Acid Sample Preparation Platform
• Covaris LE220 High Throughput Focused-ultrasonicator
• Hamilton STAR Liquid Handling Robotics Platforms
• Genologics Clarity X Edition aboratory Information Management System