CNRM FUNDING OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT FOR FISCAL YEAR 2018
CNRM is pleased to announce the release of the FY 18 Funding Opportunity Announcement. The Center addresses the full spectrum of TBI with special emphasis on militarily relevant forms of TBI resulting from blast, penetrating, and repetitive trauma to the head, including the effect of high stress conditions and the concurrent development of posttraumatic stress. The overarching goal is to advance and accelerate TBI research to improve recovery to the Warfighter. Specific short term objectives are:
1. Innovate treatments for the Warfighter based on the pathophysiological mechansims of military TBI.
2. Establish non-invasive individualized assessments for TBI diagnosis and treatment.
3. Implement strategies to redefine clinical trial design.
4. Optimize TBI clinical trial processes for recruitment, administration, and support.
5. Promote interdisciplinary collaborative processes to accelerate TBI research.
The Funding Announcment (FOA # VP-18-005) (link is external) is to invite research applications to advance the goals of the CNRM. CNRM has targeted $6,000,000 depending upon availability of funds for FY 18, scientific merit and relevance of proposals received, and budget requirements of the proposals approved for funding. Programmatic relevance will play a substantial role in funding decisions. Below is a prioritized order of relevance for this FOA:
1. Interventional trials in military TBI patients or with direct relevance to military TBI.
2. Interventional trials in animal models with direct relevance to military TBI.
3. Planning and technical development grants in preparation for interventional trials in military TBI patients or with direct relevance.
4. Planning and technical development grants in preparation for interventional trials in animal models with direct relevance to military TBI.
5. Other relevant TBI projects
Studies involving biomarkers used to identify specific patient populations and to quantitatively track therapeutic target engagement are specifically encouraged.
Important dates for this announcment are:
Pre-proposal Letter of Intent due date: January 30, 2018
Notification of invitation to submit full proposal: February 21, 2018
Invited proposal due date April 23, 2018
Earliest anticipated performance period start: August 1, 2018
If you are interested in applying, please click here (link is external) to access the entire announcement.
2018 MHSRS ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
The deadline for submission of abstracts for the 2018 MHSRS meeting is March 16, 2018. More information can be found at here.