The major functions of the Informatics Core are as follows:
- Provide data management, storage and analytic services for CNRM clinical studies.
- Facilitate capture of electronic data and reporting for clinical protocols, develop research computing infrastructure, and integrate CNRM technology requirements across institutions.
- Facilitate cross-study analyses by integrating data across CNRM studies.
- Generate Global Unique Identifiers (GUID) for de-identification and linkage of patient data sets and biospecimens, in compliance with regulatory approvals.
- The CNRM database was designed and built in partnership with the Federal Interagency TBI Research (FITBIR) informatics system. The CNRM informatics core provided technical and clinical expertise in steering the development of multiple BRICS software modules, which are used in FITBIR. CNRM has contributed significant contracts for part time system administrators and software developers responsible for building the combined CNRM and FITBIR system structure in support of our shared mission.