Our Informatics Core offers a variety of resources and data support services to our clinical trials, translational research, operational research initiatives, and collaborative studies. These resources and services accommodate all stages of a study’s life cycle and a broad range of data types.
The Informatics Core manages various platforms for data collection, capture, secure sharing, storage, and analytics. These platforms include:
- CNRM’s Collection, Access, Sharing, and Analytics Platform (CASA)
- CNRM’s Data Repository
- CNRM’s Electronic Case Report Form Library
- CNRM’s TBI Research Opportunities and Outreach for Participation in Research Studies (TROOPS)
The Core also provides a range of support services, offering studies assistance with:
- Data collection, retrieval, transfer, auditing, analysis, storage, and backup
- Software development and testing
- Quality assurance
- Case Report Form (CRF) and Electronic Case Report Form (E-CRF) creation/setup
- Global Unique Identifier (GUID) generation and management
- Completion of study regulatory documents, in particular data sharing agreements, specifically with the Defense Health Agency’s Data Sharing Agreement Application
- Statistical development and analysis, to include data modeling and machine learning
- Data management related to CNRM’s Data Repository and to the Federal Interagency Traumatic Brain Injury Research (FITBIR)
- Informatics consultation (e.g., identification of a project’s resources and needs)
- Computations resources and tools
- Custom mobile device app development
Our Informatics Core ensures each study participates in the TBI research community’s data standardization efforts. It requires projects to incorporate the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke’s TBI common data elements, unique data elements, and form structure. It also facilitates the submission of de-identified data to CNRM’s Data Repository and to the FITBIR informatics system.
Interested in working with our Informatics Core? Please send all inquiries and questions to CNRM-Informatics@usuhs.edu.