Our Program Management and Operations team provides exceptional center-wide support that enables us to always be mission ready and able. They propel us forward by ensuring our program runs seamlessly and efficiently.
Program Management assists initiatives within each of our four Divisions, which are:
- Clinical Research
- Operational Research
- Translational Research
- Neuropathological-Neuroradiological Research
Our program managers provide budgetary oversight and regulatory support; assistance with the implementation and adherence to federal guidelines; personnel and resource management; solutions to administrative and logistical issues; programmatic execution and management of agreements and memorandums; and the establishment of CNRM policies.
From facility maintenance to monitoring employee safety requirements, our Program Management and Operations team has a range of expertise that begets our optimal performance.
- Organizational support for our leadership, federal principal investigators, Research Divisions, funded projects, research support cores, and staff
- Financial management and reporting with the Uniformed Services University (USU), the Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF), and the National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- Management of a research proposal’s funding process through its various stages— from announcements, submissions, and through external and programmatic review
- Resource allocation and management
- Support for personnel actions, equipment acquisitions, travel, etc.
- Facilitate collaboration across and within institutions by working with various departments at USU, NIH, HJF, and the Walter Reed National Military Medical Center (WRNMMC) to develop policies and procedures that address the needs of our unique multi-institution structure
- Interact with the NIH to continuously improve the process by which CNRM project information is shared publicly in Federal Reporter and maintain the project funding content in the database
- Develop pathways, content, processing, and tracking of CNRM human and animal use protocols. Monitor human studies protocols, as needed.
- Develop and manage cooperative research and development agreements (CRADAs); memorandums of understanding (MOUs); interagency transfers and agreements
- Promote bi-directional information flow, work to minimize delays, and resolve hurdles
Our experienced Program Management and Operations team includes:
- Deputy Director, Finance
- Deputy Director, Operations
- Senior Program Managers
- Program Managers
- Executive Assistant to the Director
- Facilities Manager