1. The Human Research Protections Program (HRPP) Office will accept the submission documents via the eIRB system- iRIS. To access the system, please go to: https://dmrncac.dhhq.health.mil
2. Make sure your email address associated with your CAC is current by updating your Enterprise Profile (on the left).
3. To establish an eIRB account, initiate the request directly from the eIRB web page to apply on-line for a new account. Reference the EIRB Quick Reference- System Access guide for steps on how to request an account as a new user.
4. Applicant will receive an email from IRIS (eIRB) contractor requesting a copy of the applicant’s Cybersecurity Training certificate - “Cyber Awareness Challenge”. You can take the training here: https://iatraining.disa.mil/eta/cyberchallenge_v4/launchPage.htm
5. After receiving the verification of Cybersecurity Training, IRIS contractor will send the USU IRB office an email to verify that applicant is USU billeted or a USU student.
6. Once verification is done and account is established, the applicant is notified.
The process is generally between 5-10 days. Please note that all new user accounts are created with the role/permissions of "Researcher."