There are typically two reasons to lock down a folder in Resources on a Sakai site:
- to share content with all roles except students and
- to create a student collaboration space.
Locking out students:
- Go to Resources in the Sakai course site.
- Identify the folder that you want to lockdown and click Actions.
- Choose Edit Detail.
- Scroll down and click Hide this folder and it contents. All Roles in the course except students will have access to this folder. Visually the folder will be gray on the screen.