If my research does not involve human subjects, how do I proceed?

Only the Exempt Determination Official (EDO) at USU may make an official determination if a research does not meet the regulatory definition of Human Subjects Research. A Not Human Subjects Research (NHSR) determination can be obtained by submitting an application in the eIRB. Please use the Human Research Decision Charts and refer to the OHRP Guidance link for additional information.