USUHS EEO strives to accomplish its mission by promoting an environment free from personal, social or institutional barriers that could prevent USUHS faculty, staff and students from rising to their highest potential. USUHS policies are in place to ensure the organizations conduct their affairs free from unlawful discrimination and sexual harassment. The policies also provide for equal opportunity and treatment for all individuals irrespective of their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, genetic Information or disabilities.
EEO Complaint Process
Procedures for processing individual complaints of discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, genetic information (GINA), LGBT, disability or reprisal.
Discrimination & Sexual Harassment Hotline
The DoD Discrimination and Sexual Harassment Hotline are available 24 hours a day. You can reach the hotline by calling (877) 995-5247.
USU Disability Program Manager
Ms. Polly Saddler is the point of contact for Equal Opportunity issues. Contact her via email or (301) 295-9732.
Director - Polly Saddler (301) 295-9732
EEO Assistant - Edmund Burke (301) 295-9692
- Edmund Burke (301) 295-9692
- Cathy Hemelt (301) 295-4371/3339
- Celestine Vaughan-Thompson (301) 295-1977
- Araya Amdetsyon (301) 295-1147
Special Emphasis Observances
- African American History Month (FEB)
- National Women's History Month (MAR)
- Asian American/Pacific Islander Month (MAY)
- Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender Month (JUN)
- Hispanic Heritage Month (SEP)
- Disability Month (OCT)
- Native American Month (NOV)