- 8/21/17 - Enlisted-To-Physician Program Enters Fifth Year
- 9/15/16 - Navy Medicine Accepting Applicants for 2017 Enlisted to Medical Program
- 6/23/16 - First EMDP2 Class Ready for Medical School
- 5/09/2016 - Five Enlisted Airmen to Begin Medical School as AF Officers
- 3/10/2016 - Former Air Force ATC Accepted to USU Medical School
- 12/10/15 - Program Offers Enlisted Soldiers The Opportunity to Become Doctors
- 4/22/15 - Student in Inaugural Enlisted-to-Physician Program Fascinated by the Brain, Motivated by Country
- 1/2/15 - Art Kellermann, Dean, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- 12/17/14 - Enlisted Soldiers have Pathway to becoming Army Physicians
- 10/6/14 - GMU Turns Soldiers Into Doctors
- 9/4/14 - USU Helps Warfighters Become Doctors
- 4/8/14 - Air Force selects 5 enlisted Airmen for medical prep school
Enlisted to Medical Degree Home
In the News
Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2)
The Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2) is a partnership between the Uniformed Services University and Armed Forces. This 24-month program will enable highly qualified enlisted service members to complete the preparatory coursework for application to medical school while maintaining an active duty status.
Program components includes full-time coursework in a traditional classroom setting (in the Washington, D.C. area), structured pre-health advising, formal Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) preparation, dedicated faculty and peer mentoring at USU, and integrated clinical exposure. Upon completion, the successful student should be a competitive applicant to medical school.
Program Curriculum & Guidelines
New! Army Application Instructions for 2018 Cohort (Milper Message Milper 17-183) Applicaion Deadline: 20 October 2017. 2018 Cohort selectees.
New! Air Force Guidelines for 2018 Cohort (MyPers) Intent to Apply Deadline: 13 October 2017; Application Deadline: 8 December 2017. 2018 Cohort Selectees.
Navy Application Instructions for 2018 Cohort (NAVADMIN 172/17) Application Deadline: 1 November 2017. 2017 Cohort Selectees.Marine Application Instructions 2018 (MARADMIN 494/17) Application Deadline: 1 November 2017. See 2018 Cohort Selectees.
EMDP2 candidates will include service members who demonstrate integrity, are passionate about service in harm's way, and are dedicated to becoming future clinicians, leaders and scholars of the nation's medical force. Candidates will reflect the diversity of our Armed Forces and our Nation.
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate or masters degree from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of a 3.2 grade point average (GPA). Members must apply and be selected through their respective armed service. Armed services will provide additional admission requirements.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.