- 12/10/15 - Program Offers Enlisted Soldiers The Opportunity to Become Doctors
- 4/22/15 - Student in Inaugural Enlisted-to-Physician Program Fascinated by the Brain, Motivated by Country
- 1/2/15 - Art Kellermann, Dean, F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine
- 12/17/14 - Enlisted Soldiers have Pathway to becoming Army Physicians
- 10/6/14 - GMU Turns Soldiers Into Doctors
- 9/4/14 - USU Helps Warfighters Become Doctors
- 4/8/14 - Air Force selects 5 enlisted Airmen for medical prep school
Enlisted to Medical Degree Home
In the News
Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2)
The Enlisted to Medical Degree Preparatory Program (EMDP2) is a partnership between the Uniformed Services University and Armed Forces. This 24-month program will enable highly qualified enlisted service members to complete the preparatory coursework for application to medical school while maintaining an active duty status.
Program components includes full-time coursework in a traditional classroom setting (in the Washington, D.C. area), structured pre-health advising, formal Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) preparation, dedicated faculty and peer mentoring at USU, and integrated clinical exposure. Upon completion, the successful student should be a competitive applicant to medical school.
Program Curriculum & Guidelines
- George Mason University has been selected to deliver the contracted portion of the EMDP2 program
- Program Curriculum
Army Guidelines for 2016 Cohort (Milper Message 15-266) Application Deadline January 15, 2016.
Air Force Guidelines for 2016 Cohort Application Period Closed.
New! Navy Application Instructions for 2016 Cohort (NAVADMIN 174/15) Application Period Closed.
EMDP2 candidates will include service members who demonstrate integrity, are passionate about service in harm's way, and are dedicated to becoming future clinicians, leaders and scholars of the nation's medical force. Candidates will reflect the diversity of our Armed Forces.
Candidates must possess a baccalaureate degree from an accredited academic institution with a minimum of a 3.2 grade point average (GPA). Members must apply and be selected through their respective armed service. Armed services will provide additional admission requirements.
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for more information.