Former Medical Student
USU, Emerging Infectious Diseases M.D./Ph.D. Graduate Program, Department of Microbiology and Immunology
- 2010 - Doctor of Philosophy, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD, Advisor: Dr. D. Scott Merrell
- 2005 - Bachelor of Science, Microbiology and Immunology, University of Miami
Laboratory Work Experience
- 2005 - Teaching Assistant, Department of Biology, University of Miami
- 2004-2005 - Student Research Assistant, Department of Microbiology/Immunology, University of Miami
- 2003-2004 - Laboratory Technician, Diabetes Research Institute
- 2002-2004 - Evolutionary Biology Research Internship, University of Miami
Miles S., Piazuelo M.B., Semino-Mora C., Washington M.K., Dubois A., Peek R.M. Jr., Correa P., Merrell D.S. Detailed in vivo analysis of the role of Helicobacter pylori Fur in colonization and disease. Infect Immun. 78(7):3073-82, 2010.
Miles S., Carpenter B.M., Gancz H., Merrell D.S. Helicobacter pylori apo-Fur regulation appears unconserved across species. J Microbiol. 48(3):378-86, 2010.