FAM Injuries & Illness

FAM Contact Information

Uniformed Services University

Department of Family Medicine

4301 Jones Bridge Road, A1038
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799

Chair: COL Dana R. Nguyen

(301) 295-9466
Alternate Number (301) 295-3632
Fax (301) 295-3100

Uniformed Services University

Injuries and Illness

Occupational Injuries and Illness

The University Occupational Health Service provides first aid treatment and follow-up for job related injuries and illnesses. In some cases, the employee may be referred to the emergency room or private physician. An accident report form, USU form 6012- Supervisor's Report of Accident, should be submitted to University Occupational Health Service for all on-the job injuries and illnesses. The Civilian Human Resources Department manages workman compensation issues. For all Henry M. Jackson Foundation (HJF) employees, please complete the HJF OSH Form 4s Supervisor Incident Report and submit to HJF and UOHS.
For any occupational injuries, please dial 301-295-9444 or report to A1037.   

Workman's Compensation and Disability

Although Civilian Human Resources manages the University's Workman's Compensation and Disability programs, Occupational Medicine has an integral role. The University Occupational Health Service physician reviews medical documentation and makes critical recommendations. Other duties include facilitation of return to duty, recommendations for medical accommodation and disability parking.