- The UFHC is not an emergency room. If you have a life or limb threatening emergency you should proceed immediately to the nearest civilian or military emergency room or call 911.
- Always call for an appointment. Letting us know that you need to be seen allows us to schedule an appropriate time for your visit while avoiding an excessive wait in the clinic. Patients who walk-in without calling will be given the next available appointment time which can result in a delay of several hours.
- When you arrive for your appointment, check in with the receptionist.
- To allow for check in, arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled doctor's appointment. It takes time to check vital signs and move patients to exam rooms. Being late only takes away from the valuable time you have with the doctor and inconveniences other patients. Patients are given a screening appointment 15 minutes before the doctor's appointment. Plan ahead for traffic and parking delays prior to your appointment.
- Patients who arrive more than 10 minutes late for the screening time may be seen at a later time or asked to reschedule.
- Make separate appointments for each family member who needs to be seen. It's not fair to you, your family members, or other patients for the doctor to try and see more than one patient per appointment.
- Bring only children who have scheduled appointments. Healthy children can be exposed to those that have infectious diseases. If you cannot make arrangements for your other children, they can be left at the Well Child Waiting Center at WRNMMC. Call (301) 295-0014 for information.
- Be patient. Sometimes patients require more time than the appointment given. Please know that you would be afforded the same time if you needed it. If you haven't seen the doctor within 30 minutes of your appointment time, please let the front desk personnel know.
Family Medicine (FAP)
FAM Contact Info
Uniformed Services University
Department of Family Medicine
4301 Jones Bridge Road, A1038
Bethesda, Maryland 20814-4799
Chair: CAPT Jeffrey Quinlan, (301) 295-9464
Alternate Number (301) 295-3632
Fax (301) 295-3100