National Capital Consortium - Graduate Medical Education Department
The mission of the National Capital Consortium (NCC) in conjunction with the Graduate Medical Education Department is to provide institutional oversight to all graduate medical education programs sponsored by the NCC. Our trainee healthcare professionals will care for all eligible beneficiaries in the Department of Defense. The NCC will provide a scholarly environment and is dedicated to excellence in both education and healthcare delivery. The NCC is dedicated to instilling in these trainees the ethical values and standards expected of those devoting their lives to public service and healthcare delivery.
The NCC will oversee program compliance with all accrediting bodies to ensure that all program requirements are met to maintain full accreditation of the programs. The NCC will provide the financial and administrative support to meet program requirements. Consortium sponsored GME programs operate under the authority and control of the Consortium. The Consortium regularly assesses the quality of its educational programs and will abide by all institutional requirements of all accrediting bodies.
- Provide institutional oversight and tools to prepare all trainees to successfully complete their programs and be extraordinarily successful practicing in their specialty.
- Ensure that the trainee is fully prepared to support the warfighter in any operational environment they will be assigned.
- Ensuring accreditation requirement compliance to achieve zero citations or concerns from the accrediting bodies.
- Accurately maintain all required training records for the prescribed time period.
- Ensure adherence to the Department of Defense Joint Travel Regulations and timely liquidation of travel claims.
- Ensure all acquisition requests align to the Federal Acquisition Regulations.