DEADLINE: December 1st
Complete applications must be received December 1st to receive full consideration for Fall matriculation
You may apply by clicking the following link - https://registrar.usuhs.edu. This will be your official application.
All applicants to the USU Graduate Programs in Biomedical Sciences and Public Health are required to submit the Application Form and a set of specified additional credentials to support the Application.
Please use the Application Requirements Checklist below to determine which materials are required for your Program of interest.
DEADLINE: The application form should be submitted, no later than December 1st for matriculation in the Fall. Supporting documents should be submitted and received by December 1st.
Please note that official paper documents, such as transcripts, may not be photocopied, scanned, emailed, or faxed.
The Frequently Asked Questions portion of our website is a wonderful place to gather more information before submitting your application packet.
Questions or Comments? Contact the USU Graduate Education Office via e-mail email@example.com.
To obtain more information on Graduate Education degree programs please contact the following people.
Online Application Requirements Checklist
Please read Application Requirements Checklist in its entirety before completing the online application process.
1. Online Application Form
You may apply by clicking the following link - https://registrar.usuhs.edu. This will be your official application. Submission of the electronic application form will activate your application to the USU SOM Programs. The application form must be submitted by December 1st. When you access the login screen and create an account, please bookmark (or save to your favorites) the page so you are able to return to your online application should you need to complete it later. Once you begin filling out the application, you are able to save your progress and come back later to complete and submit it. Once you submit your application, you are no longer able to update any of your application information.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to update any information if you have already clicked 'submit.'
1a. Academic Statement of Purpose
You should prepare a statement of purpose in Word or Word Perfect to paste into the application. The Statement of Purpose can be pasted into the application. Do you have questions about the Statement of Purpose? Contact the GEO office at email@example.com.
1b. Personal Information
You will need all of the following information to complete the online Application Form:
- Statement of Purpose (see #1A above for more details)
- Personal Data, e.g, name, date of birth, social security number
- Education Information - name of institution(s), major, degree, date of degree, dates of attendance, GPA
- Test Scores: GRE scores and date taken
- Names of the three individuals who will write letters of recommendation
- Employment Experience/Resume - list of all relevant research or teaching experience since college
- Accountability - clarify any lapses in time since secondary school of three months or longer in duration, not accounted for
2. Official Transcripts, Academic Coursework and Degrees Earned
You must provide official transcripts of ALL work beyond secondary school - undergraduate coursework, graduate coursework, study abroad courses, community college courses, and non-degree courses. A transcript is official when:
- submitted to the Graduate School in an envelope which is issued by the institution and sealed by your university's Registrar's office (or equivalent office);
- requested from the appropriate institution's Registrar, returned to you, and included unopened in your self-assembled application packet for mailing.
USU now accepts official electronic transcripts, provided they meet the following guidelines:
- The transcript originates from a secure site formally linked to the sending institution.
- Transcripts may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The school is located in the United States. We do not accept electronic transcripts from any institution overseas.
3. Official Recommendations
You are required to have three letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Persons writing these LOR's must be in positions that permit the appraisal of the applicant's potential for graduate study. Letters may be submitted online to email@example.com or on paper via regular mail; online submissions are strongly preferred.
4. Official Test Results
GRE scores MUST be from an exam taken within the past TWO YEARS to be accepted.
You need to request that ETS (Educational Testing Services) send your GRE scores to the USU Graduate Education Office. To request scores, use the USU Institution code, which is 5824. It is not necessary to specify any other departmental code. We are not able to accept copies or unofficial score reports. You may contact ETS in regard to sending GRE scores. Testing service websites are www.gre.org respectively. From the time you request for your scores to be sent from ETS, it takes about a month for them to be received and then processed in the admissions office. Please plan ahead!
The School Code for the GRE is 5824, for both the Department and Institution code.
Clinical and Medical Psychology Applicants: GRE scores should be from an exam taken within the past TWO YEARS to be accepted. Although the GRE is required and not waiverable, if it has been longer than two years since the GRE was taken, waivers for the 2-year requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Supplemental Application Materials
Some departments and programs require the completion of supplemental data.
Medical and Clinical Psychology Supplement Information:
Medical and Clinical Psychology Brief Biosketch - (All Applicants)
Graduate Application Addendum for Clinical Psychology Doctoral Program (Military Track Applicants ONLY)
6. Check Receipt of Your Materials by Emailing Us
After you have submitted your application and have requested that transcripts, test scores and letters of recommendation be sent to our office, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your application is complete. Please allow up to two (3) weeks for processing of your materials.
Questions, Comments, Technical Issues? Contact the USU Graduate Education Office via e-mail at email@example.com