Graduate Education FAQs - Admitted Students

graduate ed banner

Admitted Student Questions

If you have been officially accepted into one the USU degree Programs and would like a deferral, please contact the Graduate Education Office ( and your Program/Department for a decision on your deferral request. Please note that not all Programs/Departments allow deferrals. We recommend you talk over your decision to defer admission with the Program/Department prior to making a final decision. If the Program/Department approves your deferral, you will receive confirmation from the USU Graduate Education Office.

Your official letter of admission from the USU Graduate Education Office should include instructions about accepting the offer. Typically the process will involve emailing with your acceptance.

Please see Financial Aid section above.

Currently, tuition and fees are waived for students. Civilian students do not incur any service obligation to the United States government after the completion of their graduate studies. Students may be required to purchase text books.

The cost of text books varies by Program. Please contact each individual Program/Department for specifics.

We strongly suggest that you visit the Current Students page to learn more about being a student at USU. Please feel free to review the Graduate Student Handbook.  In addition, please visit your Program's specific website.

The Washington DC metro area is a challenging place to find suitable and affordable housing, so start your search early by consulting various online rental websites: