Application Form and Supporting Documents
Download the Master of Science in Nursing Program Application, complete each section and email/mail it to the Registrar's Office in USU's Graduate School of Nursing by August 15.
Complete the Application Checklist to ensure all necessary documentation is submitted with your application.
Admission into the USU Graduate School of Nursing is competitive. The admissions process takes into consideration all application materials when evaluating an applicant. It also reserves the right to require additional materials. Students who do not meet the minimum recommended requirements in all areas may be considered on an individual basis.
Admission Criteria (AGCNS Program Option)
- Must be a commissioned officer or service sponsored civilian in the U.S. Army, Air Force, Navy or Public Health Service with an earned Bachelor's or Master's Degree with a concentration in Nursing
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Undergraduate Science GPA of 2.7 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- If undergraduate GPA or Science GPA is < 2.7, transcripts must show a grade of B or better in at least one undergraduate or graduate level science course (i.e., Pathophysiology, Physiology, or Biochemistry) taken within 5 years of application to the program.
- Competitive GRE scores
- Three letters of recommendation with unconditional endorsements of the applicant for admission
- one from the chief nurse
- one from an immediate supervisor
- one from an advanced practice nurse working in the specialty area that you are applying for who can speak to your clinical experience and future potential
- Evidence-based writing requirement using APA format
- Current unrestricted nursing license
- Original transcripts
- Current curriculum vitae
- Current Basic Life Support Certification (BLS)
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification (ACLS)
- Current CNOR Certification
- Minimum of two years' experience as a perioperative nurse at the time of matriculation
- All applicants will be required to complete an interview with program faculty
- Final acceptance is contingent upon approval of the sponsoring agency or service