PhD applications for the May 2022 incoming class will be accepted until AUGUST 15, 2021.
- Nurses from the uniformed services have priority for admissions. Nurses employed in federal agencies are also eligible for admissions into the PhD program on a space available basis.
- Completed USU Application
- Official transcripts showing a Master’s degree in nursing or related field at an accredited school with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- Current nursing license or eligibility for licensure in any of the 50 states and territories
- Current CV
- Official evidence of scores on the GRE within five years of application
- Clear and succinct statement of the applicant’s reason for PhD study and a match to faculty programs of research (applicant may submit an essay, term paper, thesis, published article, or professional report to demonstrate their ability to communicate logic and concepts).
- Computer literacy with proficiency in word processing, email, and internet use
- Three letters of reference from professors or other professionals who can adequately evaluate the applicant’s potential for success using the preformatted LOR form intended for his purpose. Please email email@example.com to request a copy of the LOR form. At least two letters should be from nurses prepared at the PhD level who can describe:
- The applicant’s understanding of the PhD’s role in military service or federal agency to which the applicant belongs
- The applicant’s capability to succeed in a rigorous program
- An interview with PhD faculty members to assess the applicant, identify and link research interest with USU faculty expertise, intent and level of motivation for successful completion of PhD study
Click here for the PhD application form and supporting documents