Instructions for Applicants
In order to apply for admission to the Graduate Programs in Health Professions Education (HPE) at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, please complete the following steps:
1. Use the FAQs link in the HPE program's Main Menu to make sure you're eligible for admission.
2. Apply by either August 15th (New and Current HPE Learners) or December 1st (New HPE Learners) to begin courses in the Summer Term (mid-May).
3. Apply for admission using the USUHS application portal. Specifically:
Complete the HPE Personal Statement following the instructions included at the bottom of this page.
Visit the USUHS Registrar at https://registrar.usuhs.edu, which will bring you to the homepage of Empower, our Registrar's system. Click on "Applications" at the top (not "USU-SSO Login"). On the next page, select "GEO Application."
Begin the formal USUHS application process, including submitting required official transcripts (college-onward), three letters of recommendation (for part-time applicants, one letter must be a letter of support from your supervisor), and a GRE score from within the last two years (though you may request a waiver; in some circumstances the HPE Admissions Committee can waive such a requirement).
Personal Statement Instructions:
For all applicants:
Please answer the following questions. In total, your answers should be no longer than 2 pages, single-spaced, 12-point font.
- Why are you applying to the HPE program?
- How has your background prepared you to succeed in the HPE program?
- How will you use the knowledge, skills, and attitudes acquired in USU’s HPE program to help you accomplish your career goals?
- Please tell us anything else you would like us to know that might be pertinent to our evaluation of your application for admission to the HPE program.
For MHPE and PhD students only:
Please share your research interests by answering the following prompts.
- Outline your research interest(s) (please be brief; no more than 500 words).
- Why are you interested in pursuing this line of research (please be brief; no more than 250 words)?
Instructions for submission:
- Please name your personal statement using the following file naming structure:
- Last Name_First Initial_Personal Statement
- Please email your personal statement as a PDF file, using the guidance provided in the application for emailing.
- In the text box below type: “please see attached personal statement.”