- Published more than 500 peer-reviewed journal articles in high-impact, HPE journals. Since 2014 alone, the core faculty has published 196 PubMed-listed journal articles;
- Won over $30 million in grant funding for educational research from the National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, the American Board of Internal Medicine, and other federal agencies and private foundations;
- Hold 16 positions on editorial review boards for major HPE journals, such as Academic Medicine, Journal of General Internal Medicine, Journal of Graduate Medical Education, Military Medicine, and Perspectives on Medical Education;
- Serve on 48 decision-making committees for several prestigious professional organizations including, for example, the Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC), Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), and the National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME); and
- Awarded more than 90 national and international honors for their noteworthy teaching, research, and service accomplishments.
In sum, the HPE faculty are highly regarded, exceptional leaders who are committed to the intellectual development and professional growth of their graduate students and other constituents.
To review the structure and organization of the HPE Division, please see our wire diagram.
The Graduate Programs in HPE are also supported by a group of external advisors who provide curricular, assessment, and program evaluation recommendations to the Program Director.