USU is cultivating the next generation of top quality, culturally competent, academic physicians and scientists. Our affiliation with Walter Reed National Military Medical Center's patient-centered care facility allow us to provide high school, and most recently middle school students the chance to learn and grow under the support and mentorship of hospital staff, physicians and faculty.
Elements of the outreach programs include:
- Professional panels on college and medical school pathways
- Networking opportunity for careers in Science, Health, and Military Medicine
- Small group mentoring from military medicine professionals
- Medical research presentations before USU faculty including the Academic Dean
- USU campus tour
- Workshops, internships/externships, and volunteer opportunities -- some eligible for SSL hours or credit
- Opportunities to shadow surgeries/procedures performed at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Please contact us for more information and application instructions.