Alyssa McManamon, MD
Alyssa C. McManamon, MD, Colonel, Air Force
Name: Alyssa C. McManamon, MD, Colonel, Air Force
professional identity formation
learner well-being, learning environment optimization, cancer survivorship
University of Virginia
BA Sociology, 1992-1995
USUHS, F. Edward Hébert School of Medicine
Doctor of Medicine, 1995-1999
David Grant Medical Center
Travis Air Force Base, California
Internal Medicine, 1999-2002
National Capital Consortium:
Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington DC
National Naval Medical Center, Bethesda, Maryland
National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD
Hematology-Oncology, July 2005-June 2008
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Director, The Healer's Art elective, USUHS, 2011-2018
- Well-Being Champion, American College of Physicians US Air Force Chapter, 2018-2021
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Chapter Faculty Adviser and Selection Committee Chair, 2016-2018
- F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine Impact Award winner, USUHS, 2017
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society inductee, USUHS Chapter, 2008
- Invited Member, Collaborative for Healing and Renewal in Medicine (CHARM) in initial collaboration with the Alliance for Academic Internal Medicine (AAIM), May 2016-present
- Invited Member, AAIM's Collaborative on Learning and Working Environment Optimization, May 2017-present (term 1 Jul 17-30 Jun 18)
- Azad N, Perroy A, Gardner E, Imamura CK, Graves C, Sarosy GA, Minasian L, Kotz H, Raggio M, Figg WD, Kohn EC. A phase I study of paclitaxel and continuous daily CAI in patients with refractory solid tumors. Cancer Biol Ther 2009 Oct; 8(19):1800-5.
- Yu M, Henning R, Kim G, Perroy A, Alessandro R, Virador V, Kohn EC. L-Asparaginase Inhibits Invasive And Angiogenic Activity And Induces Autophagy In Ovarian Cancer. J Cell Mol Med. 2012 Oct; 16(10): 2369-2378.
- Shaheen AW, Levin DL, Fagan MJ, Szauter K, Alexandraki, I, Chretien K, Palacio C, Shobhina CG, Hoellein AR, McManamon A, Torre DM. Journal Watch from ACE (Alliance for Clinical Education): Annual Review of Medical Education Articles in Internal Medicine Journals, 2011-2012.Teach Learn Med. 2014 Jan; 26(1):103-7.
- Bell AM, Crothers BA, McManamon AC, Stocker DJ, Henry B. Burch. Contiguous papillary thyroid cancer and mediastinal lymphoma. Case Reports in Clinical Pathology. 2014 Apr; 1(2): 47-52.
- McManamon, A. and Thompson, M., “Survivors’ stories are the teacher: Narrative mapping and survivorship care plans as educational innovation for pre-clerkship medical students”. Journal of Clinical Oncology, Vol 35, No 5S (February 2017): 90.
- Thomas L, Harry E, Quirk R, Gooding H, Ripp J, James T, Kosub KY, Pinto-Powell RC, Orrange S, Panagioti M, Duckles AB, Brown C, Feingold J, Co JP, Wallach S, Tan WW, McManamon AC, Palamara K, Block L, Quinn M, LUkela M, Tomescu O, "Evidence-Based Interventions for Medical Student, Trainee and Practicing Physician Wellbeing: A CHARM Annotated Bibliography For the Collaborative for Healing and Renewal in Medicine (CHARM) Best Practices Subgroup, found online at: http://www.im.org/page/annotatedbibliography