Arthur Kellermann, MD, MPH
Arthur L Kellermann, MD, MPH
Name: Arthur L Kellermann, MD, MPH
Health Services Research
Operational Medicine/Military Readiness
1980 M.D. Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
1976 B.S. Rhodes College, Memphis, Tennessee
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2000 Member, National Academy of Medicine (previously Institute of Medicine)
- 2000 Excellence in Science Award, Injury Control and Emergency Health Services Section, American Public Health Association
- 2001 Scholar/Teacher Award, Emory University
- 2005 Charles R. Hatcher, Jr. MD, Award for Excellence in Public Health, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University
- 2007 John G. Wiegenstein Award for National Leadership and Service, American College of Emergency Physicians
- 2008 Leadership Award, Society for Academic Emergency Medicine
- 2012 “History Maker," Emory University (one of 175 so designated in recognition of the University’s first 175 years)
- 2012: Distinguished Alumnus Award, University of Washington School of Public Health
- 2010-2013: Paul O'Neil-Alcoa Chair in Policy Analysis, RAND Corporation
- 1997-2010: Founding Director, Emory Center for Injury Control and Founding Chair, Department of Emergency Medicine; Emory University
- Lipstein SH, Kellermann AL. Workforce for 21st Century Health and Health Care. JAMA. Published online Sept. 26, 2016. Doi:10.1001/jama.2016.13715
- Kellermann AL, Mabry R. Bringing a Battlefield Lesson Home. Acad Emerg Med. Article first published online: 20 AUG 2015. DOI: 10.1111/acem.12749.
- Kellermann AL. Obstacles to Developing Cost-Lowering Health Technology: The Inventor’s Dilemma. JAMA. 2015; 314(14):1447-48. doi:10.1001/jama.2015.10114
- O’Connor FG, Grunberg N, Kellermann AL, Schoomaker E. Leadership education and development at the Uniformed Services University. Mil Med. 2015;180(4)suppl.147-152.
- Saguil A, Kellermann AL. The Community College Pathway to Medical School: A Road Less Traveled. Acad. Med. 2014;89(12):15891592.
- Kellermann AL. The Next 50 Years. Military Medicine. 2014;179(11):1177-1180.
- Kellermann AL, Hsia RY, Yeh C, Morganti KG. Emergency Care: Then, Now and Next. Health Affairs, 32, no. 12 (2013): 2069-2017.
- Kellermann AL, Saultz J, Mehrotra A, Jones SS, Dalal S. Primary Care Technicians: A Solution To The Primary Care Workforce Gap Health Affairs, 32, no.11 (2013):1893-1898.
- Kellermann AL, Peleg K. Lessons from Boston. N Engl J Med 2013; 368:1956-1957. DOI: 10.1056/NEJMp1305304.
- Kellermann AL, Jones SS. What It Will Take to Achieve the As-Yet-Unfulfilled Promises Of Health Information Technology. Health Affairs. 2013;32(1):63-68.