Bernard Dardzinski, PhD
Bernard Dardzinski, PhD
Name: Bernard Dardzinski, PhD
Quantitative Imaging Biomarkers, TBI
MRI, PET, MSK
1989 B.S. Electrical Engineering, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA
1993 M.E. Biomedical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
1994 Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, MA
Dissertation: "Monitoring Therapeutic Intervention in Cancer and Stroke using Quantitative Magnetic Resonance Imaging", (Mentor: Christopher H. Sotak, Ph.D.)
1994 – 1996 Postdoctoral Scholar, Center for NMR Research, The Milton S. Hershey Medical Center of The Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine, "1H and 31P NMR in Neonatal Hypoxia Ischemia" (Mentor: Michael B. Smith, Ph.D.)
1983 Deborah Heart and Lung Center Browns Mills, NJ
Dr. Dardzinski has authored over 75 peer-reviewed publications, presented numerous invited talks, and has served on the Scientific Program and Governance Committees of the International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM). He has further served on several NIH grant committees, abstract review committees, doctoral committees, and internal grant and investigational review boards.
Dr. Dardzinski’s research interests focus on the utility of quantitative imaging for biomarker development in disease diagnosis and for the monitoring of therapeutic efficacy in pre-clinical to clinical translational research and drug development.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2014 - 2016 Research Associate Professor, Henry Jackson Foundation
- 2012 - 2014 Sr. Clinical Research Scientist, Department of Radiology, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
- 2007 - 2012 Sr. Director, Merck Research Laboratories, West Point, PA.
- 2009 - Present Adjunct Professor of Radiology, University of Pennsylvania
- 2007 Research Professor, Radiology and Pediatrics, University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
- 2004 - 2007 Division Chief, Radiology Research and the Imaging Research Center, Department of Radiology and Pediatrics, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- 2000 - 2007 Director of In Vivo Microimaging Laboratory, Imaging Research Center, Department of Radiology, Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center
- 1987 - 1989 Senior Technical Associate, AT&T Bell Laboratories, Allentown, PA
- 1984 - 1985 Biomedical Engineer, Good Samaritan Hospital, Lebanon, PA