Beth Aronson, M.D.
Beth L. Aronson, M.D.
Name: Beth L. Aronson, M.D.
University of Florida College of Medicine M.D. degree, 1978
University of Maryland Internship and Residency in OBGYN, 1982
Diplomate, American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology, 1985
Fellow, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, 1987- present
At various times in her career, she maintained admitting privileges at up to 5 local hospitals, and was active on many hospital committees, including OB and GYN Advisory committees with quality oversight of her colleagues' practices. She was asked to form a group of doctors to provide the full range of OBGYN services to the community of patients surrounding Johns Hopkins Hospital in the early 1980s which became the Johns Hopkins Health Plan. In this role, she oversaw up to 10 part time and full time physicians performing approximately 25 deliveries, 20 surgical cases and over 500 office visits a month. She also served as a consultant to the Maryland Board of Physicians, reviewing patient records for appropriateness of care and advising the Board on fellow physicians' competency.
Dr. Aronson became interested in military medicine when 2 out of 3 of her sons became Marine Corps officers. She brings her years of experience in clinical practice and teaching to hopefully benefit the students here at USUHS and the residents at WRNMMC and FT Belvoir. She was recently elected to the Faculty Senate here at USUHS.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Part-time Instructor, Dept. of OBGYN, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, 1985-2017
- Preceptor, Towson University Physician's Assistant program, 1990-2017
- Solo Private Practice from 1983- July, 2017 in general OB/GYN in Baltimore, MD
- Best Teacher of the Year Award, OBGYN Johns Hopkins and GBMC combined Residency Training Program, 2013-2014
- Director, OBGYN Services for Johns Hopkins Health Plan from January, 1985-July, 1988
- Consultant, Maryland Board of Physicians from January, 2002-December, 2012