Brian Reamy, MD
Brian V. Reamy, MD
Name: Brian V. Reamy, MD
Georgetown University School of Medicine - M.D. 1987
David Grant USAF Medical Center; Residency in Family Medicine - 1987-1990
University of California, San Francisco: Fellowship in Faculty Development - 1996-1997
During his USAF career, Dr. Reamy served in many roles: as Chief of Family Practice at Eielson AFB, Alaska located 70 mi from the Arctic Circle and as faculty and subsequently Residency Director of two Air Force Residency Programs at Travis AFB, CA and Andrews AFB, Maryland. Dr. Reamy has an extensive record of research, publications and speaking in Faculty Development, Medical Education, and the Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease through the control of hyperlipidemia.
Dr. Reamy is a Fellow of the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP). He has served on the Board of Directors of the Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians (USAFP). He has also served as the Vice President and President of that organization. Dr. Reamy also spent two years as a Delegate to the AAFP, the policy making body for the nation’s largest specialty organization.
- Dietrich EJ, Kimsey L, Reamy BV, Artino A. USUHS: Developing Career Committed Military Officers. Military Medicine. 2015;180;4s:172
- Maurer DM, Reamy BV, Stephens MB, Crawford P, Crownover B. Promoting Good Stewardship: Family Physicians Knowledge of Commonly Overused Treatments and Tests. J Am Board Fam Med. 2014;27:699-703
- Oh RC, Reamy BV. The Socratic Method and Pimping: Optimizing the Use of Stress and Fear in Instruction. AMA Journal of Ethics. 2014:16(3);182-186.
- Unwin B, Goodie J, Reamy BV, Quinlan J. Care of the College Student. American Family Physician. 2013;88(9):596-604
- Reamy BV, Ledford C. Cardiovascular considerations in Middle-Aged Athletes at Risk for Coronary Artery Disease. Current Sports Medicine Reports. 2013;12(2):70-76.
- Lennon R, Saguil A, Seehusen D, Stephens M, Reamy BV. The Military Health System: A Community of Solutions for Medical Education, Healthcare Delivery and Public Health. J Am Board Fam Med. 2013;26(3):264-70.
- Stephens MB, Reamy BV, Anderson D, Olsen C, Hemmer P, Durning S, Auster S. Writing, Self-Reflection and Medical School Performance. Military Medicine. 2012;177(supp);26-30.
- Reamy BV, Williams PM, Wilson CW, Goodie J, Stephens MB. Who Will be the Faculty of the Future? Results of a 5 year study growing educators using an immersive 3Rd Postgraduate year faculty development mini-fellowship. Medical Teacher. 2012;34(6);e459-63.
- Reamy BV. Hyperlipidemia Management for Primary Care: An Evidence Based Approach. New York, NY Springer, 2008, 234 pgs.