Catherine Decker, MD FACP FIDSA
Catherine F. Decker, MD FACP FIDSA
Name: Catherine F. Decker, MD FACP FIDSA
Medical Degree (MD): Georgetown University School of Medicine Washington, D.C.
Internal Medicine Residency: The George Washington University Medical Center Washington, D.C.
Infectious Diseases Fellowship: The George Washington University Medical Center Washington, D.C.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Fellow American College of Physician
- Fellow Infectious Diseases Society of America
- Past President, Greater Washington Infectious Diseases Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha (AOA) honor medical society
- TEACHER OF THE YEAR awarded by the NNMC Internal Medicine Residents: June 1996
- TEACHER OF THE YEAR awarded by the NNMC Internal Medicine Residents: June 1998
- STAFF TEACHER OF THE YEAR awarded by the National Naval Medical Center June 1999; STAFF PHYSICIAN OF THE YEAR (Internal Medicine) awarded by the National Naval Medical Center: June 2002
- Meritorious Civilian Service Department of Navy June 1999
- STAFF TEACHER OF THE YEAR National Naval Medical Center U.S. Navy Chapter American College of Physicians October 2010
- JAMES E. LEONARD TEACHING AWARD: AMBULATORY TEACHER OF YEAR: 3RD YEAR CLERKSHIP IN INTERNAL MEDICINE awarded by USHUS Department of Internal Medicine 2000
- Blaylock J.M., Hakre S., Decker C.F., Wilson B., Bianchi E., Michael N., Beckett C., Okulicz J., Scott P.T. HIV PrEP in the military: Experience at a tertiary care medical center. Mil Med 2018 Mar 1:138 (suppl_1): 445-449.
- Ganesan A., Crum-Cianflone N., Higgins J., Qin J., Rehm C., Metcalf J., Brandt C., Vita J., Decker C.F., Sklar P., Bavaro M., Tasker S., Follmann D., Maldarelli F. High dose atorvastatin decreases cellular markers of immune activation without affecting HIV-1 RNA levels: Results of a double-blind randomized placebo controlled clinical trial. J Infect Dis 2011;203(6):756-64.
- Nayak G., Ferguson M., Tribble D.R., Porter C., Rapena R., Marchicelli M., Decker C.F. Cardiac diastolic dysfunction is prevalent in HIV-infected patients. AIDS Patient Care STDs 2009 Apr;23(4):231-8.
- Blaylock J.M., Byers D.K., Gibbs B.K., Nayak G., Ferguson M., Tribble D.R., Porter C., Decker C.F. Longitudinal assessment of cardiac diastolic function in HIV-infected patients. Int J STD AIDS 2012 Feb;23(2):105-10.
- Decker, C.F. Emerging sexually transmitted diseases: Hepatitis C, lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) and mycoplasma genitalium infections. Dis Mon. 2016 Aug; 62(8):314-8.