Charles Beadling, M.D.
Charles W. Beadling, M.D.
Name: Charles W. Beadling, M.D.
Global Health Engagement, Security Cooperation
Trauma care, hypnosis, cross-cultural communication
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences - M.D., 1984
David Grant Medical Center, Travis AFB, CA - Family Practice Residency, 1987
Georgetown University - Interagency Institute for Federal Healthcare Executives, 2001
Geneva, Switzerland - International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance, 2007
Society of Apothecaries of London - Diploma in the Medical Care of Catastrophes, 2009
Dr. Beadling was commissioned in the Air Force in 1975 after completing his Bachelor of Science degree in Life Sciences at the USAF Academy. He attended Undergraduate Navigator Training at Mather Air Force Base, California, and served as squadron navigator until 1980. That year, he entered medical school at the Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences in Bethesda, MD. Upon graduating from medical school in 1984, Dr. Beadling began a residency in Family Practice at David Grant Medical Center, Travis Air Force Base, California. He had numerous operational, academic, leadership and command assignments until his retirement from the US Air Force, as a Colonel, effective 1 March 2009.
Dr. Beadling is a Fellow of the American Board of Family Medicine, holds the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance from Fordham University, and also holds the Diploma in the Medical Care of Catastrophes from the Society of the Apothecaries of London, and has been appointed the Deputy Convener for the United States by the Society. He also serves as the Global Health Section Editor for Disaster Medicine and Public Health Preparedness. Doctor Beadling is married to the former Carol Hileman of Richmond, Indiana, and they have two daughters, Sarah and Matilda.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Associate Professor, Military and Emergency Medicine, USUHS
- Principle Investigator, African Peacekeeping Rapid Response Partnership, 2016-2019
- Director, Center for Disaster and Humanitarian Assistance Medicine, USUHS, 2009-2016
- Commander, 375 Medical Group, Scott AFB, IL, 2002-2004
- CENTAF SG (Forward), Al Udeid AB, Qatar, 2004
- Commander, 95 Medical Group, Edwards AFB, CA, 2000-2002
- Liberia National Disaster Preparedness Coordination Exercise: Implementing Lessons Learned from the West African Disaster Preparedness Initiative, Hamer M, Reed P, Greulich J, Beadling C; AJDM, June 2017.
- The West African Disaster Preparedness Initiative: Strengthening National Capacities for All-Hazards Disaster Preparedness, Morton M, Reed P, Gruelich J, Beadlilng C; DMPHP, Sept 2016.
- Global Health Engagement: A Military Medicine Core Competency, Cullison T, Beadling C, Erickson E; JFQ, Jan 2016.
- Zika Virus: A Review of Management Considerations and Controversies at Six Months, Singer L, Vest, K, Beadling C; DMPHP, Aug 2016.
- Ebola Virus and Public Health: Special Section, Beadling C, Burkle F, Koenig K, Sharp T; DMPHP, Feb 2015.
- International Symposium on Disaster Medicine and Public Health Management: Review of the Hyogo Framework for Action, Egawa S, Macintyre A, Beadling C, Walsh J, Shimonura O; DMPHP, Aug 2014.
- Global Health Language and Culture Competency, Beadling C, Maza J, Nakano G, Mahmood M, Jawad S, Alameri A, Zuerlein S, Anderson W; JSOM, Winter 2012.
- Association Between Combatant Status and Sexual Violence and Health and Mental Health in Post-Conflict Liberia, Johnson K, Rosborough S, Asher J, Raja A, Panjabi R, Beadling C, Lawry L; JAMA, Aug 2013.
- A Review of the Role of U.S. Military in Nonemergency Health Engagement, Baxter M, Beadling C; Mil Med, Nov 2013.
- Comparison of Ten Hemostatic Dressings in a Groin Transection Model in Swine, Arnoud F, Parreno-Sadalan D, Tomori T, Delima MG, Teranishi K, Carr W, McNamee A, Govindaraj K, Beadling C, Lutz C, Sharp T, Mog S, Burris D, McCarron R; J Trauma, Oct 2009.