David Mears, Ph.D.
David Mears, Ph.D.
Name: David Mears, Ph.D.
B.S., Biomedical Engineering, Boston University, 1989
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Chair, Council of Module Directors, USU School of Medicine, 2017-
- Dean's Faculty Teaching Award, USU School of Medicine, 2016
- Outstanding Civilian Educator Award, USU School of Medicine, 2013
- Mears D, Pollard HB. Network science and the human brain: using graph theory to understand the brain and one of its hubs, the amygdala, in health and disease. J. Neurosci. Res. 94(6):590-605, 2016
- Llanos P, Valencia M, Barrientos G, Hidalgo C, Mears D. Glucose-dependent insulin secretion in pancreatic β-cells requires Ca2+ signals generated by redox stimulation of ryanodine receptors. PLOS 1 10(6): e0129238. doi:10.1371/journal.pone.0129238, 2015
- Mears D, Zimliki CL, Atwater I, RojasE, Glassman M, Leighton X, Pollard HB, Srivastava M. The Anx7(+/-) knockout mutation alters electrical and secretory responses to Ca2+-mobilizing agents in pancreatic β-cells. Cell Physiol. Biochem 29:697-704, 2012.
- Verma R, Xu X, Jaiswal MK, Olsen C, Mears D, Caretti G, Galdzicki Z. In vitro profiling of epigenetic modifications underlying heavy metal toxicity of tungsten-alloy and its components. Toxicol. Appl. Pharmacol. 253:178-87, 2011.
- Contreras-Ferrat AE, Toro B, Bravo R, Parra V, Vásquez C, Ibarra C, Mears D, Chiong M, Jaimovich E, Klip A, Lavandero S. An inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate (IP3) receptor pathway is required for insulin-stimulated glucose transporter 4 translocation and glucose uptake in cardiomyocytes. Endocrinology 151:4665-77, 2010.
- Atwater I, Guajardo M, Caviedes P, Jeffs S, Parrau D, Valencia M, Romero C, Arriagada C, Caamaño E, Salas A, Olguin F, Atlagich M, Maas R, Mears D, Rojas E. Isolation of viable porcine islets by selective osmotic shock without enzymatic digestion. Transplant Proc. 42:381-6, 2010.