Diane Seibert, PhD, FAANP, FAAN
Diane C Seibert, PhD, FAANP, FAAN
Name: Diane C Seibert, PhD, FAANP, FAAN
Throughout her career, Dr. Seibert has served in a variety of different leadership positions. She held leadership roles as a commissioned officer in the U.S. Air Force and has held
elected leadership positions in Sigma Theta Tau International, nursing’s international honor society. At USU, she directed the FNP program for ten years and has chaired many
committees including three DNP Taskforces, Accreditation taskforces and the University’s Merit Review Committee. The longest serving faculty member in the Graduate School of
Nursing, she has had the pleasure of formally and informally mentoring many new military and civilian faculty members.
Dr. Seibert is a highly sought-after speaker and has served on a number of boards and steering committees working to improve clinician knowledge and competency in the rapidly
evolving area of genetics. An accomplished academician, Dr. Seibert has authored over 40 professional papers, books and books chapters; has given numerous national and international presentations; and served on editorial boards for referred journals. She served as an executive board member of GeneFacts, Genetics and Genomics Community and the Genetic/Genomic Competencies for Nurses Prepared at the Graduate Level. Dr. Seibert's research portfolio includes funded projects focusing on genetics, learner engagement and telehealth technology.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2014-2016 Co-Chair, USU Interprofessional Education Taskforce
- 2017 American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) Advocate State Award for Excellence (Maryland)
- 2015 Order Of Military Medical Merit (O2M3)
- 2014 International Society of Nurses in Genetics (ISONG) Founders in Education Award
- 2013: Fellow, American Academy of Nursing (FAAN)
- 2012 James Leonard Award for Excellence in Clinical Research, USU
- 1997, 2005, 2007 and 2010 Outstanding Civilian Faculty Award, Graduate School of Nursing
- 2009: Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (FAANP)
- Seibert, D. and Wysocki, K. (2016). Point counterpoint; Should patients order their own genomic testing? The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 12(7), 436-437.
- Saperstein, A.K., Lilje, T., & Seibert, D.C. (2015). A model for teaching reflective practice. Military Medicine, 180(4S), 142.
- Calzone, K.A. Jenkins, J. Bakos, A.D., Cashion, A. Donaldson, N. Feero, G., Feetham, S. Grady, P.A., Hinshaw, A.S., Knebel, A.R. Robinson, N., Ropka, M.E., Seibert, D., Stevens, K.R. Tully, L.A., and Webb, J.A. (2013) A Blueprint for Genomic Nursing Science, The Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 45(1);96-104
- Seibert, D.C. & Darling, T. (2013). Physical, psychological and ethical issues in caring for individuals with genetic skin disease. The Journal of Nursing Scholarship, 45(1); http://www.genome.gov/27552093
- Greco, K., Tinley, S. & Seibert, D. (2012) Development of the Essential Genetic and Genomic Competencies for Nurses with Graduate Degrees. Chapter 9 in Pepper & Wysocki: Annual Review of Nursing Research, Genetics 29:173-190.
- Seibert, D., Hong, C.H., Takeuchi, F., Olson, C. Hathaway, O., Moss, J., & Darling, T.N. (2011) Recognition of tuberous sclerosis in adult women: Delayed presentation with life-threatening consequences. Annals of Internal Medicine, 154:806-813
- BOOK: Seibert, D., Edwards, Q., Maradiegue, A. and Tinley, S., (2016) Genomic Essentials for Graduate Level Nurses. Philadelphia, PA; DesTech Publishing.
- BOOK: Hicks, R. & Seibert, D. (2011) The Comprehensive Health History and Physical Examination: a Lifespan Approach, ISBN: 978-1-892418-17-3.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Seibert, D. & Kostas-Polston, E. A. (2017). Genetics & Women's Health. In Alexander, I., Johnson-Mallard, V., Kostas-Polston, E. A., Fogel, C. I.,& Woods, N. F. (Eds.), Women’s Health Care in Advanced Practice Nursing (2nd ed.). New York: Springer Publishing Company, LLC.
- BOOK CHAPTER: Seibert, D & McBride, S. (2015) Genomics and Implications for Health Information Technology: Nursing Informatics for the Advanced Practice Nurse: Patient Safety, Quality, Outcomes and Interprofessionalism. New York, NY, Springer Publishing Company.