Dina Parekh, MD
Dina Parekh, MD, Lieutenant Colonel, Army
Name: Dina Parekh, MD, Lieutenant Colonel, Army
Clinical Oncology Survivorship
College of Arts and Sciences, Washington DC 1993-1997
Medical: Doctor of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences,
F. Edward Hebert School of Medicine, Bethesda MD 1997-2001
Residency: Pediatrics, San Antonio Military Pediatric Residency Program, San Antonio,TX 2001-2004
Fellowship: Pediatric Hematology/Oncology, National Capital Consortium 2008-2011
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda MD
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Military Awards: Bronze Star Medal, Army Commendation Medal x3, Army Achievement Medal x3, Joint Service Achievement Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Multinational Force and Observers Medal, Parachute Badge, Certificate of Achievement, Army Superior Unit Award
- 1st Support Battalion, Task Force Sinai, Egypt OIC, North Camp Dispensary, Deputy Force Surgeon, JUN 2014-OCT 2014
- Department of Pediatrics, Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center Fort Hood, Tx 2004-2008; Chief Well Baby Clinic Aug 2004-Feb 2006; Chief Pediatrics Clinic Feb 2006-Sept 2006
- 27th Brigade Support Battalion, 4th Brigade, 1st Cavalry Division, Battalion Surgeon Mosul, Iraq OCT 2006-DEC2007
- Chair, Blood Utilization Review Committee, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center February 2015 - present
- 9A proficiency designation, Medical Corps, United States Army Oct 2017
- Master Clinician, General Pediatrics , Walter Reed National Military Medical Center August 2016
- Ogden Bruton Scientific Awards, Competition Finalist, American Academy of Pediatrics March 2012
- Bailey K Ashford Laboratory Research Award, Walter Reed Army Medical Center, March 2011
- Groomes C, Gianferante D, Parekh D, Crouch G, Scott D, Lieuw K. Reduction of Factor VIII Inhibitor Titers during Immune Tolerance Induction with Recombinant Factor VIII-Fc Fusion Protein. Pediatric Blood and Cancer, 2016; 63:922-924.
- Giamanco, NM, Cunningham BS, Klein LS, Parekh DS, Warwick AB, Lieuw K. Allopurinol Use During Maintenance Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Avoids Mercaptopurine-related Hepatotoxicity. Journal of Pediatric Hematology Oncology, 2016 March; 38(2): 147-151.
- Giamanco N, Foster L, Parekh D, Warwick A, Lieuw K. Allopurinol Use During Maintenance Therapy for Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Avoids Mercaptopurine-related Hepatotoxicity. Peer reviewed abstract published online for 2014 Annual ASCO Meeting, Chicago, IL.
- Parekh D, Miller M, Borys D, Patel P, Levsky M. Transdermal Patch Medication Delivery Systems and Pediatric Poisonings, 2002-2006. Clinical Pediatrics, 2008 May 22.
- Miller M, Levsky ME, Masneri D, Parekh, D, and Borys D. Nisoldipine Exposure. American Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2008 Mar; 26(3):367-8.
- Sainato R, Smith B, Parekh D, Flores M, Logemann N, Chung E, Eberly M, Stagliano D, Malloy A. Disseminated Mycobacterium Haemophilum Infection Masquerading as Erythema Nodosum and Avascular Necrosis in an Immunocompromised Host. Infectious Disease in Clinical Practice. September 2017.
- Sainato RJ, Parekh DS, Newton T, Flores M, Eberly M, Logeman N, Smith N, Carrero H, Gianferante D, Padial J, Stagliano D. A Localized Macular Rash in an Immunocompromised Patient with Pneumonia and Necrotizing Enterocolitis. Clinical Pediatrics Open Access. 2017 Jul 26.
- Contributor: Parekh D. Hematology and Oncology, Pediatric Surgery and Medicine for Hostile Environments, 2nd edition; Creamer Kevin & Fuenfer, Michael, M.’ Borden Institute, United States Army Medical Department, 2016.
- Pediatric Cancer Survivorship: Managing Long-term and Late Effect of Treatment; Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Invited Speaker, Washington, DC 19JUN2017