Drew Baird, MD, FAAFP
Drew Craig Baird, MD, FAAFP, Major, Army
Name: Drew Craig Baird, MD, FAAFP, Major, Army
- Doctor of Medicine, Tulane University School of Medicine; New Orleans, Louisiana
- Bachelor of Science in International and Strategic History, United States Military Academy, West Point, New York
- High School Diploma, Fort Atkinson High School, Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin
He currently serves as the Program Director of the Family Medicine Residency Program at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center, at Fort Hood, Texas. He is a member of the Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians, serving as a member and a Research Judge of its Clinical Investigations Committee.
He previously served as the Associate Program Director of the Residency Program, the Officer-in-Charge of the Residency Clinic, and the Research Director of the Residency Program at Fort Hood. He has also served as a member of the Institutional Review Board of the Brooke Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas. He deployed for 12 months to Afghanistan as an infantry Battalion Surgeon with the 3rd Brigade (Rakkasans) of the 101st Airborne Division, where he earned a Bronze Star Medal and the Combat Medical Badge.
Dr. Baird is a graduate of the Command and General Staff Course, Captains Career Course, Officer Basic Course, and Air Assault School. He is a distinguished honor graduate of the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, where he earned a Bachelor of Science degree in International and Strategic History.
- Baird DC. The impact of contraception on lactation. Am Fam Physician. 2016;93(5):356-357.
- Dickison C, Baird D. Does screening smokers for lung cancer using CT improve mortality and morbidity? Evidence-Based Practice. 2016 January;19(1):9.
- Baird DC, Harker DJ, Karmes AS. Diagnosis and treatment of gastroesophageal reflux in infants and children. Am Fam Physician. 2015;92(8):705-714.
- Baird DC, Seehusen DA, Bode DV. Enuresis in children: a case-based approach. Am Fam Physician. 2014;90(8):560-568.
- Seehusen DA, Baird DC, Bode DV. Dyspareunia in women. Am Fam Physician. 2014;90(7):465-470.
- Peterson M, Baird D. Is inhaled insulin a safe and effective alternative in patients who need insulin? Evidence-Based Practice. 2014 May;17(5):8.
- Vogt W, Baird D. What is the single best empiric antibiotic for traveler’s diarrhea? Evidence-Based Practice. 2014 May;17(5):E5-E6.
- Abellada A, Baird D. What is the best approach to salvaging renal function in a patient with chronic kidney disease (CKD) who requires a contrast imaging study? Evidence-Based Practice. 2014 May;17(5):E10.
- Bode D, Seehusen DA, Baird D. Hirsutism in women. Am Fam Physician. 2012 Feb 15;85(4):373-80.
- Baird DC. How does the risk of testicular cancer vary with age? Evidence-Based Practice. 2012 Jan;15(1):10-11.