Edward Mitre, M.D.
Edward Mitre, M.D.
Name: Edward Mitre, M.D.
Immunology, Host Defenses
Basic Biology of Bacterial, Viral, or Parasite Diseases
1998 Internal Medicine Residency, New York University, New York, NY
1995 M.D., Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore,
1991 B.A., Biology, Columbia University, New York, NY
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Morris, C.P., Bennuru, S., Kropp, L.E., Zweben, J.A., Meng, Z., Taylor, R.T., Chan, K., Veenstra, T.D., Nutman, T.B., and Mitre, E., “A proteomic analysis of the body wall, digestive tract, and reproductive tract of Brugia malayi.” PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 2015, 9(9):e0004054.
- Evans, H., Killoran, K.E., Mitre, B.K., Smith, M.A., Morris, C.P., Kim, S. and Mitre, E. “Ten weeks of infection with a tissue-invasive helminth protects against immune complex-mediated inflammation but not clinical type I hypersensitivity in previously sensitized mice.” Journal of Immunology, 2015, 195(7):2973-84.
- Fox, E.M., Torrero, M., Evans, H., and Mitre, E. “Immunologic characterization of three murine regimens of allergen-specific immunotherapy.” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2015, 135(5):1341-51.
- Evans, H. and Mitre, E., “Worms as therapeutics for allergy: understanding why benefits in animal studies have not translated into clinical success.” Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology, 2015, 135(2):343-53.
- Commendation Letter from Major General Jeffrey B. Clark, U.S. Army, on behalf of Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, “For meritorious service while serving as a health care provider to a critically ill and complex patient in the Medical ICU" 2016
- Outstanding Lecturer of the Preclinical Years (USU SOM classes of 2009, 2012, 2016-18)
- Outstanding Civilian Educator Award, USU SOM class of 2016
- Chair, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Young Investigator Competition 2016-present (member and judge, 2008-15)
- Associate Editor PLoS Pathogens 2014-present
- Chair, Filariasis Section, American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene Annual Meeting Committee, 2010-2013 (member 2007-2009)
- Senior Chief Resident in Internal Medicine, New York University, 1998-1999