Elliot Jessie, MD, MBA, FACS
Elliot M Jessie, MD, MBA, FACS, Commander, Navy
Name: Elliot M Jessie, MD, MBA, FACS, Commander, Navy
Tulane University School of Medicine, MD, 2002
The George Washington University School of Business, MBA 2011
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Medical Director, Surgical Intensive Care Unit, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- Associate Program Director, National Capital Consortium-General Surgery Residency Program, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 2012 Recipient of The Eisenhower Award, National Capital Consortium-General Surgery Residency Program, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
- 2016 Recipient of the COL Craig D. Shriver Award for Operaive Excellence
- Deployed as Ship's Surgeon, USS George Washington CVN-73 in 2007-08, Afghanistan in 2011, Iraq 2016-17
- Quartey B, Jessie E. Pulmonary artery and vein pseudoaneurysm after gunshot wound to the chest. Journal of Emergencies, Trauma, and Shock. 2011; 4:313-316
- Deborah M Stein, MD, MPH, Elliot M. Jessie, MD, MBA, Sean Crane, MD, Joseph A. Kufera, MA, Tracy Timmons, MD, Carlos J Rodriguez, DO, MBA, Jay Menaker, MD and Thomas M Scalea, MD. Hyperacute adrenal insufficiency after hemorrhagic shock exists and is associated with poor outcomes. The Journal of Trauma and Acute Care Surgery. Volume 74, Number 2. 363-370. February 2013.
- Sabino J, Polfer E, Tintle S, Jessie E, Fleming M, Martin B, Shashiant M, Valerio I. A Decade of Conflict: Flap Coverage Options and Outcomes in Traumatic War-related Extremity Reconstruction. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2014 Nov 20 [Epub ahead of print]
- Casey K, Sabino J, Jessie E, Martin BD, Valerio I. Flap Coverage Outcomes following Vascular Injury and Repair: Chronicling a Decade of Severe War-related Extremity Trauma. Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. 2015 Jan; 135(1):301-8.
- Patel JA, Kaufman AS, Howard RS, Rodriguez CJ, Jessie EM. Risk factors for urinary retention after laparoscopic inguinal hernia repairs. Surgical Endoscopy. 2015 Jan 1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Valerio IL, Campbell P, Sabino J, Jessie E, Rodriguez C, Fleming M. TXA in Combat Casualty Care- Does It Adversely Affect Extremity Reconstruction and Flap Thrombosis Rates?. Military Medicine. 2015 Mar; 180(3 Suppl):24-8.
- Identification of Abnormal Biliary Anatomy Utilizing Real-Time Near-Infrared Cholangiography: A Report of Two Cases. Bozzay J, Vicente D, Jessie EM, Rodriguez CJ. Case Rep Gastrointest Med. 2017;2017:8628206. doi:10.1155/2017/8628206. Epub 2017 Apr 27.