Erich Dietrich, PhD
Erich J Dietrich, PhD, Commander, Navy
Name: Erich J Dietrich, PhD, Commander, Navy
Health Services Research
Labor Economics, Retention /Recruitment
University of Colorado, Denver, CO MBA 05/2002 Healthcare Management
Naval Postgraduate School, Monterey, CA MS 05/2007 Manpower Systems
American University, Washington, DC PhD 08/2013 Public Administration
Dr. Dietrich has extensive experience in human capital management and hospital administration. In addition to his managerial, analytical and leadership positions, Dr. Dietrich has over 10 years of clinical healthcare experience. Dr. Dietrich's doctoral training is in public administration and public policy and research areas of interest include health policy, human resources, and employee motivation.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Commissioned and managed a comprehensive review of retention of MHS physicians, including a complex financial analysis of civilian to military pay gaps.
- Designed and implemented a multi-million dollar enterprise wide job satisfaction survey for Navy Medicine personnel.
- Served as Deputy Director, Personnel Policy, Plans and Strategic Compensation, U.S. Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery (BUMED) Falls Church, VA 2013-1015
- Military Personal Awards: Meritorious Service Medal -Joint Service Commendation Medal -Joint Service Achievement Medal -Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal -Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal
- Madsen C, Poropatich R, Luan D, Dietrich E, Wayling B, Kellerman A, Koehlmoos T. Defense Health Horizons (2016). Telehealth in the MHS: Impact, Obstacles, and Opportunities. Bethesda, MD: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
- Dietrich E, Kimsey L, Reamy B, Artino A. (2015). The Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences: A Leadership Academy for Military Medical Officers in the U.S. Navy. Military Medicine, 180(171-172).