Erin Barry, MS
Erin S Barry, MS
Name: Erin S Barry, MS
Stress, PTS, TBI, Addictive behaviors
2008 - MS, Biomedical Engineering, University of Texas-Arlington
Ms. Barry earned a B.E. (2006) in Biomedical Engineering with a minor in Mathematics from Vanderbilt University in Nashville, TN. She earned an M.S. (2008) in Biomedical Engineering from University of Texas at Arlington with a focus on Tissue Engineering and Drug Delivery. Erin worked at the Baylor Institute for Immunology Research in Dallas, TX to identify biomarkers in B-cell deficient patients, Multiple Sclerosis patients, Rheumatoid Arthritis patients, lung cancer patients, and performance-enhancing drugs in Olympic marathon runners. She also has worked at the Center for BrainHealth in Dallas, TX using fractal dimensions to diagnose Alzheimer's disease. She has worked at USU since 2010 where her research has focused on traumatic brain injury (TBI), post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and leadership. In addition, she helps to mentor graduate and medical students with regard to research activities.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Leader and Leadership Education and Development Research
- Leader and Leadership Assessment
- Leader and Leadership and long-term outcomes
- Intergenerational Leadership
- Biopsychosocial Effects of Service Dog Training on Post-Traumatic Stress (PTS) and Post Concussive Symptoms
- Barry, E.S., Dong, T., Durning, S.J. Schreiber-Gregory, D., Torre, D., & Grunberg, N.E. (2019). Medical student leader performance in an applied medical field practicum. Military Medicine. E-pub.
- Yarnell, A.M., Barry, E.S., & Grunberg, N.E. (2019). Psychological well-being. In: O'Connor FG, Schoomaker EB, Smith DC, eds. Fundamentals of Military Medicine. San Antonio, TX: Borden Institute; 2019: 51-66.
- Barry, E.S., Kleber, H.K, & Grunberg, N.E., (2018). Leader and leadership curriculum and assessment in U.S. medical schools. MedEdPublish, 7 (4) 23, https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2018.0000244.1.
- Grunberg, N.E., Barry, E.S., Callahan, C.W., Kleber, H., McManigle, J.E., Schoomaker, E.B., (2018). A conceptual framework for leader and leadership education and development. International Journal of Leadership in Education. 1-7.
- Barry, E.S., Grunberg, N.E., Kleber, H.G., McManigle, J.E., & Schoomaker, E.B. (2018). A four-year medical school leader and leadership education and development program. International Journal of Medical Education. 9, 99-100.
- Grunberg, N.E., Barry, E.S., Kleber, H., McManigle, J.E., Schoomaker, E.B., (2018). Charting a course for leader and leadership education and development in American medical schools. MedEdPublish, 7 (1) 37, https://doi.org/10.15694/mep.2018.0000037.1.
- Grunberg, N.E., Barry, E.S., Kleber, H., McManigle, J.E., Schoomaker, E.B., (2017). Seven steps to establish a leader and leadership education and development (LEAD) program. In M. Clark & C.W. Gruber (Eds.), Leader Development Deconstructed. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Eklund, K.E., Barry, E.S., Grunberg, N.E. (2017). Gender and Leadership. In A. Alvinius (Ed.), Gender Differences in Different Contexts, InTech, 129-150.
- Yarnell, A.M., Barry, E.S., Mountney, A., Shear, D., Tortella, F., Grunberg, N.E. (2016). The Revised Neurobehavioral Severity Scale (NSS-R). Current Protocols in Neuroscience. 75: 9.52.1-9.52.16.
- Yarnell, A.M, Shaughness, M.C., Barry, E.S., Ahlers, S.T., McCarron, R.M., Grunberg, N.E., (2013). Blast traumatic brain injury in the rat using a blast overpressure model. Current Protocols in Neuroscience. Chapter 9, Unit 9.41.