Erin Sullivan, PhD
Erin E Sullivan, PhD
Name: Erin E Sullivan, PhD
B.A. degree, Wellesley College (Wellesley, MA)
Prior to joining the Center, Erin worked at the Global Health Delivery Project at Harvard University, where she initially focused on developing a Master’s level global health curriculum before moving on to direct a series of mixed methods health systems studies focused on HIV, TB and malaria programs in resource-limited settings. She served as the qualitative methods expert for these studies, designing interview tools, focus group guides and analysis plans for her team and 14 partner institutions. This research yielded technical reports for academic and large international health institutions (e.g. WHO, UNAIDS).
While at the Global Health Delivery Project, Erin also co-directed the management seminar within the Global Health Effectiveness Program at Harvard’s School of Public Health and served as a Faculty Member for Global Entrepreneurship Lab GHD, MIT Sloan’s flagship international project-based class.
Erin holds a Bachelor of Arts in Art History from Wellesley College and a Ph.D. in Business Studies from Trinity College, Dublin.
- Sullivan, E. E., S Arabadjis, JL Alpert, A Ellner. (2018). Culture: The Unexpected Key to Exemplary Primary Care. Journal of Organizational Psychology, 18(5).
- Dwiel, K., MA Hesketh, JL Alpert, J Cellini, K Goodell, RS Phillips, EE Sullivan. (2018). The Impact of Oral Health Training for Primary Care Clinicians: A Systematic Review. Family Medicine.
- Sullivan, Erin E., DB Duong, M Minter-Jordan, L Giesen and A Ellner. (2016). A Model for Training Medical Student Innovators: The Harvard Medical School Center for Primary Care Abundance Agents of Change Program. Medical Education Online.
- Sullivan, Erin E., Z Ibrahim, A Ellner, and L Giesen. (2016). Management Lessons for High-Functioning Primary Care Teams. Journal of Healthcare Management, 61(6), 449-466.
- Sullivan, Erin E., and JL Alpert. (2016). Navigating Change at Alaska’s Southcentral Foundation. Case Research Journal, 36(4).
- Jack, Helen E., S Arabadjis, L Sun, E Sullivan, and R Phillips. (2016). Impact of Community Health Workers on Use of Healthcare Services in the United States: A Systematic Review. Journal of General Internal Medicine. Published online December 5, 2016.
- Ellner, Andrew L., S Stout, E Sullivan, E Griffiths, A Mountjoy, and R Phillips. (2015). Fostering Health Systems Innovation at Academic Medical Centers; Leading in a New Era of Healthcare Delivery. Academic Medicine.
- Austin, Robert A., L Devin, S O’Donnell and E Sullivan. (2012). Accidental Innovation: Implications for Design and Support of Creative Processes. Organization Science.
- Sullivan, Erin E. (2003). Study Abroad for Dummies. New York: Wiley.