Gary Wind, MD, FACS
Gary G. Wind, MD, FACS
Name: Gary G. Wind, MD, FACS
Medical school: Temple University Medical School, Philadelphia
Residency: Mt. Sinai, New York
Military: Air force
Academic: Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Dr. Wind is a general surgeon, anatomist, sculptor and medical artist.
- He is is Professor of Surgery at the Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences (USUHS) in Bethesda Maryland, and a staff surgeon at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- He is course director of the USUHS microvascular surgery course.
- He is past-president of the USUHS faculty senate and associate chair for faculty development for the Department of Surgery
- He is an Honored Member of the American Association of Clinical Anatomists. He is a self-taught artist, sculptor and medical illustrator.
- Dr. Wind has written and illustrated five medical texts and has produced an award-winning surgical educational website, vesalius.com.
- His medical texts have been translated into multiple languages and second and third editions have been published
- Dr. Wind’s non-medical art is concentrated on human and animal figurative sculpture and can be seen at garywind.com and Art by Gary Wind on facebook.
- Anatomic Exposures in Vascular Surgery, 3rd ed, Wind, Valentine, Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
- Nesbitt, JC, Wind, GG: Thoracic Surgical Oncology, Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, 2004
- Wind, G.:Laparoscopic Surqical Anatomy, Lea & Febiger, 1996
- Rob, C. and Wind, G.:Specialty Board Review. General Surqery, Appleton and Lange, Norwalk, CT, 1991
- Wind, G. and Rich, N.:Principles of Surqical Technique. The Art of Surqery, Urban and Schwarzenberg, Baltimore and Munich, 1987 2nd Ed.).
- Seyfer, A., Graeber, G., Wind, G.:An Atlas of Chest Wall Reconstruction, Aspen Press, Rockville, MD, 1986.
- Wind, G.: www.Vesalius.com (surgical education website, free to military): One publication per week from 1995 to present(over 750)