Harvey Pollard, M.D., Ph.D.
Harvey B Pollard, M.D., Ph.D.
Name: Harvey B Pollard, M.D., Ph.D.
Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
Rice University, Houston, TX B.A. 1964 Biology
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL M.D. 1969 Medicine
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL Ph.D. 1973 Biochemistry
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- M.D. University of Chicago School of Medicine,
- Ph.D. (Biochemistry) Department of Biochemistry, University of Chicago School of Medicine,
- Research Associate, Laboratory of Chemical Biology, NIAMDD, National Institutes of Health
- Post Doctoral Trainee, Laboratory of Molecular Biophysics, Oxford University
- Senior Investigator Reproduction Research Branch, NICHD,
- Senior Investigator, Clinical Hematology Branch, NIADDK,
- Laboratory Chief, Laboratory of Cell Biology and Genetics,NIADDK,
- Professor and Chair of the Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, USUSOM, USUHS
- Professor and Chair of the Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Genetics, USUSOM, USUHS
- Director of the Collaborative Health Initiative Research Program (CHIRP) and The American Genome Center (TAGC)
- Dalgard C, Eidelman O, Jozwik C, Olsen CH, Srivastava M, Biswas R, e EudyY,.Rothwell SW, Mueller GP, Yuan P, Drevets WC, Manji HK, Vythlingam M, Charney DS. Neumeister A, Ursano RJ, Jacobowitz DM, Pollard HB, and Bonne O., The MCP-4/MCP-1 Ratio in Plasma is a Candidate Circadian Biomarker for Chronic Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Translational Psychiatry, 7(2):e1025 doi:10.1038/tp2016.285, 2017, 2016.
- Dalgard CL, Polston KF, Sukumar G, Mallon CT, Wilkerson MD, Pollard HB. MicroRNA Expression Profiling of the Armed Forces Health Surveillance Branch Cohort for Identification of "Enviro-miRs" Associated With Deployment-Based Environmental Exposure. J Occup Environ Med. 2016 Aug;58(8 Suppl 1):S97-S103. doi: 10.1097/ JOM.0000000000000764., 2016
- . Pollard HB, Shivakumar C, Starr J, Eidelman O, Jacobowitz DM, Dalgard CL, Srivastava M, Wilkerson MD, Stein MB, Ursano RJ. "Soldier's Heart": A Genetic Basis for Elevated Cardiovascular Disease Risk Associated with Post-traumatic Stress Disorder. Front Mol Neurosci. 2016 Sep 23;9:87, 2016
- Wang H, Cebutaru L, Yang QF, Jozwik C, Pollard BS, Pollard HB and Guggino WB. CFTR controls the activity of the NFκB by enhancing the degradation of TRADD. Cell Physiol.Biochem. , 40(5): 1063-1078, 2016. 2016.
- . Singh VK, Newman VL, Romaine PL, Hauer-Jensen M, Pollard HB. Use of biomarkers for assessing radiation injury and efficacy of countermeasures.
- . Mears D, Pollard HB. Network science and the human brain: Using graph theory to understand the brain and one of its hubs, the amygdala, in health and disease.
- Veit G, Avramescu RG, Chiang AN, Houck SA, Cai Z, Peters KW, Hong JS, Pollard HB, Guggino WB, Balch WE, Skach WR, Cutting GR, Frizzell RA, Sheppard DN, Cyr DM, Sorscher EJ, Brodsky JL, Lukacs GL. From CFTR biology toward combinatorial pharmacotherapy: expanded classification of cystic fibrosis mutations. Mol Biol Cell. 2016 Feb 1;27(3):424-33. doi: 10.1091/mbc.E14-04-0935.PMID: 26823392
- . Caohuy H, Yang Q, Eudy Y, Ha TA, Xu AE, Glover M, Frizzell RA, Jozwik C, Pollard HB. Activation of 3-phosphoinositide-dependent kinase 1 (PDK1) and serum- and glucocorticoid-induced protein kinase 1 (SGK1) by short-chain sphingolipid C4-ceramide rescues the trafficking defect of ΔF508-cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (ΔF508-CFTR). J Biol Chem. 2014 Dec 26;289(52):35953-35968. doi: 10.1074/jbc.M114.598649. Epub 2014 Nov 10.
- . Kumar P, Bhattacharuyya S, Peters KW, Glover ML, Sen A, Cox RT, Bhattacharyya A, Kundu S, Caohuy H, Frizzell RA, Pollard HB and Biswas R. Functional rescue of [ΔF508]CFTR in native cystic fibrosis cells by miR-16. Gene Ther. 22(11): 908-916, 2015
- Dalgard CL, Jacobowitz DM, Singh V, Saleem KS, Ursano RJ, Starr JM, and Pollard HB. A novel analytical brain block tool to enable functional annotation of discriminatory transcript biomarkers among discrete regions of the fronto-limbic circuit in primate brain.. Brain Research 1600:42-58, 2015.