Heather Johnson, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
Heather L Johnson, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
Name: Heather L Johnson, DNP, FNP-BC, FAANP
Children with Special Healthcare Needs
Care of Military Veterans and Families
Master of Science in Nursing, Uniformed Services University, Bethesda, MD 1999
Bachelor of Science in Nursing, The University of Akron, Akron, OH 1991
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 2017-Present Program Director & Chair, Family/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Programs USU Graduate School of Nursing, Bethesda, MD
- 2015-2017 Acting Program Director/Chair, Family/Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Programs USU Graduate School of Nursing, Bethesda, MD
- 2017 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Scholarly Practice (Daisy Award)
- 2014 Scholarly Practice Award, Graduate School of Nursing, USU
- 2013 Inaugural Recipient: USU Alumni Association Graduate School of Nursing Alumni Award
- 2012 Fellow, American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- 2011 Distinguished Military Faculty Award, Graduate School of Nursing, USU
- Johnson, H.L. & Taylor, L.A. (2017). Bedside to Bench and Beyond: Evolution of Group DNP Projects. 43rd Annual Meeting, National Organization of Nurse Practitioner Faculties, Washington, DC.
- Johnson, H.L. (2015). Inter-professional Collaboration in Support of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN). The American Association of Nurse Practitioners Conference, New Orleans, LA.
- Johnson, H.L. & Ling, C.G., McBee. E.C. (2014). Elderly in Disasters: An Integrative Review. Learning in Disaster Health National Workshop, Fort Myer, VA. (Refereed) *Outstanding Poster Award
- *Henry, M. & Johnson, H.L. (in press). The construction of an appropriate education program by Florida Administrative Law Judges Pre-Rowley, Post-Rowley, and Post-IDEA 2004. Power and Education.
- Ling, C.G., Fuller, A., Taylor, L., & Johnson, H.L. (2018 [e-pub ahead of print Nov 2017]). Triangulation of multifactorial assessment: bringing objectivity to OSCE evaluation. Clinical Simulation in Nursing, 16, 40-47. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ecns.2017.10.009
- Johnson, H.L. & DeLeon, P. (2016). Accessing Care for Children with Special Healthcare Needs. Practice Innovations, 1(2), 105-116.
- *Johnson, H.L., Ling, C.G. & McBee, E.C. (2015 [e-pub ahead of print Nov 2014]). Multi-disciplinary care for the elderly in disasters: An integrative review. Prehospital & Disaster Medicine, 30(1), 72-79. doi: 10.1017/S1049023X14001241.
- Ling, C.G., McBee, E.C., & Johnson, H.L. (2014). Curriculum Recommendations for Disaster Health Professionals: The Elderly Population. National Center for Disaster Medicine and Public Health: Rockville, MD. http://ncdmph.usuhs.edu/KnowledgeLearning/2014-GeriatricPopulation.htm.
- Johnson, H.L., Ling, C.G., & Gulley, K. (2013). Curriculum Recommendations for Disaster Health Professionals: The Pediatric Population. National Center for Disaster Medicine and Public Health: Rockville, MD. http://ncdmph.usuhs.edu/KnowledgeLearning/2013-PediatricCurrRecs.htm.
- *Johnson, H.L., Gaskins, S.C., & Seibert, D.C. (2013 [e-pub ahead of print Nov 2012]). Clinical skill & knowledge requirements of healthcare providers caring for children in disaster, humanitarian and civic assistance operations. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine, 28(1), 61-68. doi:10.1017/S1049023X12001550.
- Rossiter, A.G., Ling, C.G., d’Aoust, R., Wilmoth. M.C., Morrison-Beedy, D., & Johnson, H.L., (2017). Ethical Considerations of Veteran and Military Family-Focused Academic and Research Initiatives. Symposium at 2017 28th International Nursing Research Congress, Sigma Theta Tau International, Dublin, Ireland.
- Johnson, H.L., & Rossiter, A.G. (2017). Joining Forces: Kids Serve, Too! 2017 National Conference, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Philadelphia, PA.
- Johnson, H.L. (2017). Parent Engagement. Stakeholder meeting aligning support for parents of children ages 0-8, Collaborative on Healthy Parenting in Primary Care, National Academies of Science, Engineering & Medicine, Washington, D.C.