Howard Bryant, AB, MA, PhD
Howard J. Bryant, AB, MA, PhD
Name: Howard J. Bryant, AB, MA, PhD
Electrophysiology of Smooth Muscle
1965 M.S. (Physics), San Diego State College, San Diego, California
1973 Ph.D. (Physics), University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- 1965 , NASA Graduate Traineeship , University of Arizona, Department of Physics
- 1972, NIH Post Doctoral Trainee and NIH Post Doctoral Fellow, University of Arizona, College of Medicine, Department of Physiology
- 1976, Research Associate, Marine Biomedical Institute of University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, Texas
- 1978, Assistant Professor, Department of Physiology, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD.
- 1985, Associate Professor, Department of Physiology, F. Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD.
- 2000, Associate Professor, Department of Anatomy, Physiology & Genetics, F. Hebert School of Medicine, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, MD
- Helina Moges, Xingjia Wu, Jennifer McCoy, M. Vasconcelos, Howard Bryant, Neil E. Grunberg and Juanita J. Anders. Effect of 810 nm Light on Nerve Regeneration After Autograft Repair of Severely Injured Rat Median Nerve. Lasers in Surgery and Medicine, Vol 43, Num 9, 901 - 906, Nov ( 2011).
- Pamnani, MB, Bryant, HJ, Clough, DL ,and Schooley, JF. Increased dietary potassium and magnesium attenuate experimental volume dependent hypertension possibly through endogenous sodium-potassium pump inhibitor. Clin Exp Hypertens. Feb;25(2):103-15, (2003).
- Donald D. Rigamonti, Howard J. Bryant, Osvaldo Bustos, Leon Moore, Helene M. Hoffman. Implementing Anatomic VisualizeR Learning Modules in Anatomy Education, In: The Third Visible Human Project Conference Proceedings, R.A. Banvard, Ed. (ISSN 1524-9008, Published as a CD.) (2000)
- Haddy, F.J., Pamnani, M.B., and Bryant, H.J. Cardiovascular actions of 6-iodo-amiloride. In: Diuretics II Chemistry, Pharmacology and Clinical Applications, Ed. J.B. Puschett, P. 629-631 (1987)
- Gruener, R., Bryant, H.J., Markovitz, D., Huxtable, R. and Bressler, R. Ionic actions of taurine on nerve and muscle membranes: Electrophysiologic studies. In: Taurine, Ed. R. Huxtable and A. Barbeau, Raven Press, New York, (1976)