Jeff Hutchinson, MD
Jeff W Hutchinson, MD, Colonel, Army
Name: Jeff W Hutchinson, MD, Colonel, Army
Media and communication
Medical School: MD, University of California at San Francisco, 1989-1993
Internship: Pediatrics, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, 1993-1994
Residency: Pediatrics, Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, HI, 1994-1996
Fellowship: Adolescent Medicine, Brooke AMC, San Antonio, TX, 2002-2005
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Chief, Adolescent Medicine Service, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD 2011 to 2014.
- Assistant Professor of Pediatrics, Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences Graduate School of Nursing, 2016 - present
- The US Army “A” Proficiency Designation, 2014 The "A" proficiency designator is the highest recognition for professional excellence in the Army Medical Department
- The Order of Military Medical Merit, 2012.
- AAP Counsel on Communications and Media Executive Committee Member 2014 to present
- Institute of Medicine and National Research Council Board on Children, Youth, and Families 2014 to present.
- Battalion Surgeon, 82nd Airborne, Operation Iraqi Freedom, Samarra, 2006-2007
- Brigade Surgeon, 25th ID(L), Schofield Barracks, Hawaii 1999-2001.
- Hutchinson, J., R. Mack, T.P. Koehlmoos, and P.H. DeLeon. 2016. Lessons for Health Equity: Military Medicine as a Window to Universal Health Insurance. Discussion Paper, National Academy of Medicine, Washington, DC. https://nam.edu/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/Lessons-for-Health-Equity-Military-Medicine-as-a-Window-to-Universal-Health-Insurance.pdf.
- Klein DA, Hutchinson JW, Providing confidential care for adolescents. Am Fam Physician. 2012 Mar 15;85(6):556-60. PMID: 22534268
- Hutchinson JW, Greene JP, Hansen SL, Evaluating Active Duty Risk-taking: Military Home, Education, Activity, Drugs, Sex, Suicide, and Safety Method. Military Medicine 2008 Dec: 173(12):1164-7. PMID: 19149332
- Hutchinson JW, Stafford EM, Changing Parental Opinions About Teen Privacy Through Education. Pediatrics 2005 Oct: 116(4): 966-971. PMID:16199709
- Hutchinson JW and Adelman WP, CHAPTER 75: Youth and Young Adults in the Military, Neinstein’s Adolescent and Young Adult Health Care: A Practical Guide Hardcover – October 16, 2015
- Hutchinson J, Emerick J, Saxena H, The Future of Pediatric Obesity, Primary Care: Clinics in Office Practice 43 (2016) 1–17 http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.pop.2015.08.007
- 2016 AAP National Conference - PEDS21 First Person Shooter by Col. Jeffrey Hutchinson https://youtu.be/t0ChpjjK3gQ