Jeffrey Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP
Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Name: Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Integrated Primary Care
Clinical Health Psychology
1998 M.A. in Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Residency in Clincal Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
2005 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Health Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- USPHS Deployments: Native American community, Superstorm Sandy, Sandy Hook Shootings, Boston Marathon Bombings, Hurricane Harvey(Houston), & Hurricane Maria (Puerto Rico)
- Air Force Deployment: Operation IRAQI FREEDOM
- Landoll, R. R., Goodie, J. L., Eklund, K., Mallonee, S., Garza, J., & Martinez, H. R. (2019). Out of the classroom, into the field: piloting an interprofessional experiential exercise. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 13, 138-144.
- Hunter, C. L., Funderburk, J. S., Polaha, J., Bauman, D., Goodie, J. L., & Hunter, C. M. (2018). Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model research: Current state of the science and a call to action. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 25, 127-156.
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Oordt, M., & Dobmeyer, A. C. (2017). Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Step-by-Step Guidance for Assessment and Intervention (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Goodie, J. L., Ware, C. M., Hunter, C. L. (2017). Necessary training for psychologists working in primary care settings. In M. Maruish (Ed.). Handbook of Psychological Assessment in Primary Care Settings (2nd ed.) (pp. 95-142). New York: Routledge.
- Vogel, M. E., Kanzler, K., Aikens, J., & Goodie, J. L. (2017). Integration of behavioral health and primary care: current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 40, 69-84.
- Cigrang, J. A., Rauch, S. A. M., Mintz, J., Brundige, A., Avila, L. L., Bryan, C. J., Goodie, J. L., Peterson, A. L., & the STRONG STAR Consortium. (2015). Treatment of active duty military with PTSD in primary care: a follow-up report. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 36, 110-114.
- Bynum, W., & Goodie, J. L. (2014). Shame, guilt, and the medical learner: Ignored connections and why we should care. Medical Teacher, 48, 1045-1054.
- Byers, C. G., Wilson, C. C., Stephens, M. B., Goodie, J. L., Netting, F. E., & Olsen, C. H. (2014). Owners and pets exercising together: Canine response to veterinarian prescribed physical activity. Anthrozoos, 27, 325-333.
- Goodie, J. L., & Hunter, C. L. (2014). Practical guidance for targeting insomnia in primary care settings. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 21, 261-268.
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Dobmeyer, A., & Dorrance, K. (2014). Tipping points in the Department of Defense’s experience with psychologists in primary care. American Psychologist, 69, 388-398.