Jeffrey Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP
Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Name: Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Integrated Primary Care
Clinical Health Psychology
1998 M.A. in Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Residency in Clincal Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
2005 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Health Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- USPHS Deployments: Native American community, Superstorm Sandy, Sandy Hook Shootings, Boston Marathon Bombings, Hurricane Harvey(Houston), & Hurricane Maria (Puerto Rico)
- Air Force Deployment: Operation IRAQI FREEDOM
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Oordt, M., & Dobmeyer, A. C. (2017). Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Step-by-Step Guidance for Assessment and Intervention (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Goodie, J. L., Ware, C. M., Hunter, C. L. (2017). Necessary training for psychologists working in primary care settings. In M. Maruish (Ed.). Handbook of Psychological Assessment in Primary Care Settings (2nd ed.) (pp. 95-142). New York: Routledge.
- Vogel, M. E., Kanzler, K., Aikens, J., & Goodie, J. L. (2017). Integration of behavioral health and primary care: current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 40, 69-84.
- Cigrang, J. A., Rauch, S. A. M., Mintz, J., Brundige, A., Avila, L. L., Bryan, C. J., Goodie, J. L., Peterson, A. L., & the STRONG STAR Consortium. (2015). Treatment of active duty military with PTSD in primary care: a follow-up report. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 36, 110-114.
- Bynum, W., & Goodie, J. L. (2014). Shame, guilt, and the medical learner: Ignored connections and why we should care. Medical Teacher, 48, 1045-1054.
- Byers, C. G., Wilson, C. C., Stephens, M. B., Goodie, J. L., Netting, F. E., & Olsen, C. H. (2014). Owners and pets exercising together: Canine response to veterinarian prescribed physical activity. Anthrozoos, 27, 325-333.
- Goodie, J. L., & Hunter, C. L. (2014). Practical guidance for targeting insomnia in primary care settings. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 21, 261-268.
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Dobmeyer, A., & Dorrance, K. (2014). Tipping points in the Department of Defense’s experience with psychologists in primary care. American Psychologist, 69, 388-398.
- Goodie, J. L., Kanzler, K. E., Hunter, C. L., Glotfelter, M. A., & Bodart, J. (2013). Ethical and effectiveness considerations with primary care behavioral health research in the medical home. Families, Systems, and Health, 31, 86-95. doi:10.1037/a0031852
- Reamy, B. V., Williams, P. M., Wilson, C., Goodie, J. L., & Stephens, M. B. (2012). Who will be the faculty of the future? Results of a five year study growing educators using an immersive PGY-3 faculty development mini-fellowship. Medical Teacher, 34, 459-463.