Jeffrey Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP
Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Name: Jeffrey L. Goodie, Ph.D., ABPP, Captain, Public Health
Integrated Primary Care
Clinical Health Psychology
1998 M.A. in Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology, West Virginia University
2001 Residency in Clincal Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
2005 Post-Doctoral Fellowship in Clinical Health Psychology, Wilford Hall Medical Center
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- USPHS Deployments: Native American community, Superstorm Sandy, Sandy Hook Shootings, Boston Marathon Bombings, Hurricane Harvey(Houston), & Hurricane Maria (Puerto Rico)
- Air Force Deployment: At the initiation of Operation IRAQI FREEDOM
- 2020 Harold M Hildreth Distinguished Public Service Award, Division 18 (Psychologists in Public Services), APA
- 2018 Dr. Rosalee G. Weiss Lecture on Outstanding Leaders in Psychology, American Psychological Foundation
- 2018 Jessie Gruman Award for Health Engagement, Society of Behavioral Medicine
- 2010 U.S. Public Health Service, Derek Dunn Memorial Senior Scientist of the Year
- Goodie, J. L., Kanzler, K. E., McGeary, C., Blakenship, A. E., Young-McCaughan, S., Peterson, A., Cobos, B. A., Dobmeyer, A. C., Hunter, C., Blue Star, J., Bhagwat, A., McGeary, D. E. (In press). Targeting chronic pain in primary care settings using behavioral health consultants: methods of a randomized pragmatic trial. Pain Medicine.
- Landoll, R. R., Goodie, J. L., Eklund, K., Mallonee, S., Garza, J., & Martinez, H. R. (2019). Out of the classroom, into the field: piloting an interprofessional experiential exercise. Training and Education in Professional Psychology, 13, 138-144.
- Hunter, C. L., Funderburk, J. S., Polaha, J., Bauman, D., Goodie, J. L., & Hunter, C. M. (2018). Primary Care Behavioral Health (PCBH) model research: Current state of the science and a call to action. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 25, 127-156.
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Oordt, M., & Dobmeyer, A. C. (2017). Integrated Behavioral Health in Primary Care: Step-by-Step Guidance for Assessment and Intervention (2nd ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychological Association.
- Goodie, J. L., Ware, C. M., Hunter, C. L. (2017). Necessary training for psychologists working in primary care settings. In M. Maruish (Ed.). Handbook of Psychological Assessment in Primary Care Settings (2nd ed.) (pp. 95-142). New York: Routledge.
- Vogel, M. E., Kanzler, K., Aikens, J., & Goodie, J. L. (2017). Integration of behavioral health and primary care: current knowledge and future directions. Journal of Behavioral Medicine, 40, 69-84.
- Cigrang, J. A., Rauch, S. A. M., Mintz, J., Brundige, A., Avila, L. L., Bryan, C. J., Goodie, J. L., Peterson, A. L., & the STRONG STAR Consortium. (2015). Treatment of active duty military with PTSD in primary care: a follow-up report. Journal of Anxiety Disorders, 36, 110-114.
- Byers, C. G., Wilson, C. C., Stephens, M. B., Goodie, J. L., Netting, F. E., & Olsen, C. H. (2014). Owners and pets exercising together: Canine response to veterinarian prescribed physical activity. Anthrozoos, 27, 325-333.
- Goodie, J. L., & Hunter, C. L. (2014). Practical guidance for targeting insomnia in primary care settings. Cognitive and Behavioral Practice, 21, 261-268.
- Hunter, C. L., Goodie, J. L., Dobmeyer, A., & Dorrance, K. (2014). Tipping points in the Department of Defense’s experience with psychologists in primary care. American Psychologist, 69, 388-398.