Jeffrey Quinlan, MD, FAAFP
Jeffrey D Quinlan, MD, FAAFP, Captain, Navy
Name: Jeffrey D Quinlan, MD, FAAFP, Captain, Navy
Pittsburgh, PA 15260 Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Chemistry
1988-92 University of Pittsburgh Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
Pittsburgh, PA 15260
1992-94 Internship and Residency in Family Medicine
Naval Hospital Charleston
Charleston, SC 29405
1994-95 Residency in Family Medicine
Naval Hospital Camp Pendleton
Camp Pendleton, CA 92055
1998-99 Fellowship in Operative Obstetrics
Orlando, FL 32803
He has served as Program Director of the Naval Hospital Jacksonville Family Medicine Residency Program and is an Associate Professor of Family Medicine at the Uniformed Services University. He has deployed on three occasions in support of Operation Enduring Freedom. Additionally, he was appointed by the Navy Surgeon General as Specialty Leader for Family Medicine from 2010 - 2014.
Dr. Quinlan’s professional memberships include the Uniformed Services Academy of Family Physicians, the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine, the American Academy of Family Physicians, American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists and AOA. He serves as an Associate Editor for the American Academy of Family Physician’s Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics program and is a member of the AAFP’s Commission on Health of the Public and Science.
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Quinlan JD, Jorgensen SK. Recurrent UTIs in women: How you can refine your care. J Fam Pract. 2017 February;66(2):94-99
- Cummings DL, Leggit JC, Quinlan JD. Point-of-Care Ultrasound in the Management of Acute Shoulder Injury. Current Sports Medicine Reports 2016;15(6):
- Preconception Care Working Group (Frayne D, Kottentette, J, Mishori R, O'Gurek D (Chair), Quinlan J) AAFP Position Paper on Preconception Care. Adopted by AAFP Board of Directors, December 2015.
- Murphy N, Quinlan JD. Trauma in Pregnancy: Assessment, Management, and Prevention. Am Fam Physician. 2014 Nov 15;90(10):717-24.
- Quinlan JD, Murphy N. Cesarean Delivery: Counseling Issues and Complication Management. Am Fam Physician. 2015 Feb 1;91(3):178-84.
- Quinlan JD. Acute Pancreatitis. Am Fam Physician. 2014 Nov 1;90(9):632-9.
- Carney LA, Quinlan JD, West JL. Thyroid Disease in Pregnancy. Am Fam Physician. 2014 Feb 15;89(4):273-8.
- Unwin BK, Goodie J, Reamy BV, Quinlan JD. Care of the College Student. Am Fam Physician. 2013 Nov 1;88(9):596-604.
- Quinlan JD. Gauron MR, Deschere BR, Stephens MB. Care of the returning veteran. Am Fam Physician. 2010 Jul 1;82(1):43-9.
- Transforming Maternity Care Symposium Steering Committee, Angood PB, Armstrong EM, Ashton D, Burstin H, Corry MP, Delbanco SF, Fildes B, Fox DM, Gluck PA, Gullo SL, Howes J, Jolivet RR, Laube DW, Lynne D, Main E, Markus AR, Mayberry L, Mitchell LV, Ness DL, Nuzum R, Quinlan JD, Sakala C, Salganicoff A. Blueprint for action: steps toward a high-quality, high-value maternity care system. Womens Health Issues. 2010 Jan-Feb;20(1 Suppl):S18-49.