John Csokmay, M.D.
John M Csokmay, M.D., Lieutenant Colonel, Army
Name: John M Csokmay, M.D., Lieutenant Colonel, Army
Clinical outcomes of infertility treatments
---Fellowship, Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility
Tripler Army Medical Center, Honolulu, Hawaii
---Internship and Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences, Bethesda, Maryland
---Doctor of Medicine
Otterbein College, Westerville, Ohio
---Bachelors of Science, Chemistry and Biology
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Chief, Obstetrics & Gynecology, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, 2017-present
- PROFIS Surgeon, 31st Combat Support Hospital (CSH), 1st Medical Brigade.
- Chief, Division of Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Battalion Surgeon, C Co, 2nd BSB, 2nd Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division.
- Chief, Division of Assisted Reproductive Technologies, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Heitmann RJ, Hill MJ, Csokmay JM, Pilgrim J, DeCherney AH, Deering S. Embryo transfer simulation improves pregnancy rates and decreases time to proficiency in Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility fellow embryo transfers. Fertil Steril. 2017 Mar 11.[Epub ahead of print]. PMID: 28292614
- Plowden TC, Hill MJ, Miles SM, Hoyt B, Yauger BJ, Segars JH, Csokmay JM, Chason RJ. Does the Presence of Blood in the Catheter or the Degree of Difficulty of Embryo Transfer Affect Live Birth? Reprod Sci. 2016 Sep 21. PMID: 27655772
- Healy MW, Schexnayder B, Connell MT, Terry N, DeCherney AH, Csokmay JM, Yauger BY, Hill MJ. Intrauterine Adhesion Prevention After Hysteroscopy: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 May 9. PMID: 27173082
- Royster GD 4th, Krishnamoorthy K, Csokmay JM, Yauger BJ, Chason RJ, DeCherney AH, Wolff EF, Hill MJ. Are intracytoplasmic sperm injection and high serum estradiol compounding risk factors for adverse obstetric outcomes in assisted reproductive technology? Fertil Steril. 2016 May 9. PMID: 27172401.
- Wolfe HL, Healy MW, Yauger BJ, Csokmay JM. Cobblestone Fallopian Tubes on Hysterosalpingogram followed by Bilateral Tubal Abscesses and Sepsis. Am J Obstet Gynecol. 2016 Apr;214(4):544. PMID: 26854399
- Heitmann RJ, Hill MJ, James AN, Schimmel T, Segars JH, Csokmay JM, Cohen J, Payson MD. Live Births Achieved via IVF are Increased as a Result of Improvements in Air Quality and Laboratory Environment.
- Messinger LB, Alford CE, Csokmay JM, Henne MB, Mumford SL, Segars JH, Armstrong AJ. Cost and Efficacy Comparison of In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) and Tubal Anastomosis (TA) for Women after Tubal Ligation. Fertil Steril. 2015 Jul;104(1):32-38. PMID: 26006734
- Levy G, Hill MJ, Ramirez C, Plowden T, Pilgrim J, Howard RS, Segars JH, Csokmay JM. Serum human chorionic gonadotropin levels on the day before oocyte retrieval do not correlate with oocyte maturity. Fertil Steril. 2013 May;99(6):1610-4. PMID: 23375205
- Csokmay JM, Hill MJ, Chason RJ, Hennessy S, James AN, Cohen J, DeCherney AH, Segars JH, Payson MD. Experience with a Patient Friendly, Mandatory Single Blastocyst Transfer Policy: The Power of One. Fertil Steril 2011 Sep;96(3):580-4. PMID: 21774925
- Senger S, Csokmay JM, Tanveer A, Jones TI, Sengupta P, Lilly MA. The nucleoporin Seh1 forms a complex with Mio and serves an essential tissue-specific function in Drosophila oogenesis. Development 2011 May;138(10):2133-42. PMID: 21521741