Karen Vogt, MD
Karen S Vogt, MD, Colonel, Army
Name: Karen S Vogt, MD, Colonel, Army
General Pediatric Endocrinology, Medical Education
Prader-Willi syndrome, Health-Care Disparities
Residency in Pediatrics (2002) - San Antonio Military Pediatric Center
Internship in Pediatrics (2000) - San Antonio Military Pediatric Center
MD (1999) - Case Western Reserve University
BA (1995) - Grinnell College
Representative publications, projects, and/or deployments
- Program Director, NCC Pediatric Endocrinology Fellowship (2013-present)
- American Academy of Pediatrics PREP Self-Assessment Editorial Board Deputy Editor (2020-present)
- “A” Proficiency Designator - the highest recognition of professional excellence in the Army Medical Department (AMEDD) (2016)
- American Academy of Pediatrics PREP Self-Assessment Editorial Board Writer (2015-2020)
- Chief, Pediatric Endocrinology Division, Department of Pediatrics, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center, Bethesda, MD, and previously Walter Reed Army Medical Center, Washington, DC (2009-2013)
- Deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom 07-09 as Squadron Surgeon (PROFIS), Medical Troop, Regimental Support Squadron, 2nd Stryker Cavalry Regiment (Aug 2007-Oct 2008)
- Bleach CC and Vogt KS. A Case of Mayer-Rokitansky-Küster-Hauser Syndrome Diagnosed in Infancy after Evaluation of Palpable Gonads. J Pediatr Adolesc Gynecol. 2020 Dec;33(6):733-734. PMID: 32736132.
- Faircloth RS, Brooks DI, Vogt KS, Emerick JE. Talking About Childhood Obesity: A Survey of What Parents Want. Acad Pediatr. 2019 Sep-Oct;19(7):756-763. PMID: 3086713
- Klein DA, Emerick JE, Sylvester JE, Vogt KS. Disorders of Puberty: An Approach to Diagnosis and Management. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Nov 1;96(9):590-599. PubMed PMID: 29094880.
- Carter T, Isfort A, Vogt K, Emerick J. DKA, Quality & Costs: why writing down a back-up plan saves money and lives. AADE In Practice. 2017 March;5(2): 18-23.
- Weeks M, Vogt K, Kimball-Eayrs C. Index of suspicion. Case 1: Hypotonia and failure to thrive in a 3-month-old boy. Pediatr Rev. 2016 Jan;37(1):39-41.
- Paz R, Rouhanian M, Vogt K. Glycemic control and sponsor rank of military dependents with type 1 diabetes mellitus. Pediatr Diabetes. 2016 Sep;17(6):449-57. Epub 2015 Aug 28.
- Philla KQ, Min SB, Hefner JN, Howard RS, Reinhardt BJ, Nazareno LG, Vogt KS. Swallowed glucocorticoid therapy for eosinophilic esophagitis in children does not suppress adrenal function. J Pediatr Endocrinol Metab. 2015 Sep 1;28(9-10):1101-6
- Vogt KS. Origins of Military Medical Care as an Essential Source of Morale. Military Medicine. 2015 Jun;180(6):604-6.
- Vogt, KS and Emerick, JE. Growth Hormone Therapy in Adults with Prader-Willi Syndrome. Diseases 2015, 3, 56-67.
- Emerick JE and Vogt KS: Endocrine manifestations and management of Prader-Willi syndrome. International Journal of Pediatric Endocrinology 2013:14. (Invited Review)